PDA

View Full Version : Modified Hammock Pad

Wander Yonder
2003-01-15, 14:10
I posted this over at WhiteBlaze, but will repost it here:

I just modified a Ridge Rest Deluxe for use in my hammock.

Since I am short, I do not need the full length of the pad. So I cut 3" off each end and duct taped the pieces to the side of the pad to cover my shoulders down past my elbows when I am in the hammock.

The duct tape stuck fast to the foam and it looks like it is going to work great. Also, I can fold the "wings" in and roll up the pad without having the extra 6" sticking out.

I am surprised at how fast the duct tape stuck to the foam. You would have to tear the foam to get it off.

Our temps will be in the low-mid 20's tonight and I am going to test it outside and make sure it is warm enough and works as planned!

I'm not sure this would work in a Hennessy as I have read that the pads slip out from under you. But it should work great in the Clark.

Dojers
2003-01-23, 22:52
Got pictures??? I'm extremely new to hammock camping and have no clue as to where I'm going with it (although I'm learning every day - but since I just ordered the bloomin' thing tonite, and won't have it until later next week.....<shrug>

I'm trying to picture the pad.......
thanks!
Jodi who has managed to find her way here after only a few days of wandering. Where's the campfire??? Anyone got any marshmellows?

Wander Yonder
2003-01-24, 11:57
Dojers, here's a picture. The small extensions don't look like much, but they are just big enough to curl up around your shoulders and keep them warm.

http://www.griffinwebart.com/bimages2/pad.jpg

Sarge is in charge of the marshmallows! Be nice to him. :D