PDA

View Full Version : The Packa by Cedar Tree

SGT Rock
2005-03-17, 19:30
I am posted a review of the Packa. Find it here: http://hikinghq.net/gear/packa.html

Mutinousdoug
2005-03-17, 22:37
Top,
Could you discuss getting your pack into the Packa jacket and then getting your jacket on? How careful do you have to be laying it against a tree or on the ground?
Oh, and also, would it fit an external frame pack? My gear is a little old fashioned I know, but I'm old too. I find an external frame is easier to tie an elk quarter onto than trying to stuff one inside an internal (and not so messy). I think the external frame breathes better too unless they've improved the internal design since 1972 when I last tried one :turtle:

thanks for all the info!

SGT Rock
2005-03-17, 22:57
It wasn't too hard to get the pack into a packa - just like putting a pack cover on. I have leaned against a lot of things and haven't noticed any deterioration. You could plug any small holes using silicone sealant when you have some off time from the trail - it is what I have done with some of my sil-nylon stuff sacks.

I don't know how well this would work with a frame pack, especially one with an elk quarter strapped to it. My guess is not well at all. But then again, why would you want a pack cover over your elk hind quarter? :-?

Mutinousdoug
2005-03-18, 10:42
OK Top,
I didn't mean to imply I always carry an elk quarter with me...only on occasion i.e. every few years. A bone-in hind qtr is a particularly awkward 80lb+/- package. I'll make an effort to write more clearly in the future.

SGT Rock
2005-03-18, 10:47
I didn't figure you were, I should have added a smiley :D

Mr. Clean
2005-03-24, 12:50
I still haven't had a chance to try mine out, and I guess that's a good thing. I should take it out and try it on again to stay familiar with it. It seems that it will do a good job and be comfortable.

SGT Rock
2005-03-24, 14:36
It took me a few trips to really appreciate it. Good luck with it Ms Clean

Rage in a Cage
2005-03-24, 23:15
Rock, Is the r and the s perhaps a little to close together on your keyboard? :girl:
Thanks for the review. :)

SGT Rock
2005-03-26, 11:57
Rock, Is the r and the s perhaps a little to close together on your keyboard? :girl:
Thanks for the review. :)

Yes, I guess it is LOL.