PDA

View Full Version : Dry sack as a pillow?

jcmaco
2005-04-22, 17:05
I just bought an Outdoor Research Drycomp bag for my sleeping bag and clothes and I was wondering if anyone has used a dry sack as a pillow? If you put a little bit of air inside the dry sack and roll it up so it's airtight then add a fleece jacket over the sack, it makes a very comfortable pillow.

What do you all use for your pillows?

txulrich
2005-04-22, 17:32
I just bought an Outdoor Research Drycomp bag for my sleeping bag and clothes and I was wondering if anyone has used a dry sack as a pillow? If you put a little bit of air inside the dry sack and roll it up so it's airtight then add a fleece jacket over the sack, it makes a very comfortable pillow.

I usually fold up a sweater or jacket and lay my head on that.

Rage in a Cage
2005-04-22, 23:09
When I was a ground dweller I tried alot of different things but found I was happiest with a small camping pillow. I guess I am a wussie when it comes to sleeping comfort. After I moved to a hammock I carried the pillow a couple of times but found that I no longer needed it to be comfortable. That was just one more advantage I found with going to a hammock. :biggrin:

fly.fast
2005-04-22, 23:13

Usually a fleece shirt or a stuff sack with whatever spare clothes I have.

Mutinousdoug
2005-04-22, 23:41
I use a "hedbed" (tm) mainly beause I have one for traveling when I used to use hotels and airplanes. It's inflatable and sort of horseshoe shaped. Weighs a few ounces. Bought it from Campmor. It's about like a camping pillow but stores flat.

Scout
2005-04-23, 05:11
Camping pillow also. I need my head to be elevated a bit or I am uncomfortable.

I usually stack my fleece under the pillow also.