PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Streamweaver!!

Nomad
2005-06-08, 19:26
*shrugs* I don't know I just noticed it at the bottom of the page.

Congrats fellow poster. One year older always beats the alternative.

Care to share your age (39?) or any sage advice??

edit; WTF is Herpateculture?? Sounds like a VD. No offense.

Just Jeff
2005-06-08, 21:22
edit; WTF is Herpateculture?? Sounds like a VD. No offense.

It's not a VD. How crude. It's the test you take to see if you have VD.

Rage in a Cage
2005-06-09, 02:09
I think he mean't Herpetoculture. The art and science of breeding herpetozoa in captivity. You know,snakes, lizards,turtles, tortoises, etc. :turtle: :smile:

Streamweaver
2005-06-16, 14:05
I think he mean't Herpetoculture. The art and science of breeding herpetozoa in captivity. You know,snakes, lizards,turtles, tortoises, etc. :turtle: :smile:

Yup thats the one,(I never could spell worth a dern!!) Ive been studying,breeding ,collecting reptiles and amphibians since I was 5 years old! Yup 39 WHOOWEEE!!! big deal!LOL SAge advice?? " dont give any wooden nickels" hows at? Thanks alot for the birthday wish!!! Sorry it took so long to reply to this but Ive been hiding from the heat and trying to get my shoulder in shape so I can get back out there on the trail.Oh yeah ,and if you want to turn your hair grey early and develope a nice nervous twitch,just try teaching yourself to cast a flyrod with your left hand!!! If your right handed that is!! Streamweaver

Iceman
2005-06-16, 23:51
Streamweaver, I got my first flyrod when I was a little lad, and broke my arm right (good) arm the next day. So, like yourself, I learned to cast my flyrod with my left hand. To this day, I can fly cast far better with my left, a bit clumsy and akward with my right. I do all my other casting with my right hand. Go figure.

The time in my cast also improved my hoop shooting. When the cast finally came off I was a far better basketball player. (I wouldn't recomend breaking the arm of poor players....even if they deserve it...)

Streamweaver
2005-06-20, 13:34
Streamweaver, I got my first flyrod when I was a little lad, and broke my arm right (good) arm the next day. So, like yourself, I learned to cast my flyrod with my left hand. To this day, I can fly cast far better with my left, a bit clumsy and akward with my right. I do all my other casting with my right hand. Go figure.

The time in my cast also improved my hoop shooting. When the cast finally came off I was a far better basketball player. (I wouldn't recomend breaking the arm of poor players....even if they deserve it...)

Yeah,I have been casting my spinning rods with my right hand since I stopped wearing my brace but Ive only got limited mobility in that shoulder so it just dont work with the flycasting!! My flycasting never was all that great anyway lol so maybe like you Ill end up doing better with my left. You should have seen me fishing while I still had my brace on ,now that would have been one for Americas Funniest Home Videos!!LOL Streamweaver

Iceman
2005-06-20, 23:23
Sounds like you had fun though. :biggrin: