PDA

View Full Version : Lost

dropkick
2005-07-01, 18:35
A meaningless word which people you're hiking with use after you adventurously lead them away from the beaten path.
i.e. "Just admit it you're lost." or "How could you get us lost this close to the tent?"

Also found in other forms such as lose.
i.e. "How could you lose an entire lake?" or "You didn't lose the map did you?"

When hearing this meaningless word the best option avaliable is to just to ignore the person and their raving.**

**Unless you haven't eaten for several days and your companion plays rugby, then you should pay careful attention to them.

Redleg
2005-07-02, 13:47
Dan'l Boon was once asked if he had ever been "lost".
He looked at the guy for a second then said "No. But I've been powerfull confused for going on a week or two."

jaf

Two Speed
2005-07-02, 21:54
One of my favorite mottos is:

"Getting lost doesn't matter if you don't care."

Just Jeff
2005-07-03, 21:22
If you're on a walkabout, or if you're just an aimless drifter...

"You ain't lost if ya don't know where you're goin'."

If you're leading a group..."I'm not lost, I'm re-orienting."

Seeker
2005-07-04, 01:15
Lost:
1. Where you go to think. "I was lost in thought."
2. Where you are when you get there. "He's lost in thought."
3. An imaginary place you can't remember how to get to, but you keep ending up there by not paying too close attention to the details of the trip. "I got lost, and ended up here".
4. Where a supportive wife will send you when you need it. "Get lost!"

"Not all who wander are lost..." J.R.R Tolkien

:hmmmm:

bird dog
2005-07-07, 01:03
Hey Seeker.....You forgot the militarys rendition...Went something like LIMA LIMA MIKE...........

Seeker
2005-07-21, 16:24
Hey Seeker.....You forgot the militarys rendition...Went something like LIMA LIMA MIKE...........

and the germans had a town in the state of 'Lost' too... Ober Outderdorf, i think i was...