PDA

View Full Version : Israel National Trail

Maoz
2005-07-25, 01:12
Hi All!
It's been a while since I viseted the forum, but I got good reason.
After traveling around the world for 9 month I got back to Israel last Feburuary. Thinking what to do I decided to open a GuestHouse In Nazareth.
It's the first guesthouse in town and there is a lot to do.
I built a nice web site and dedicated a big section for the INT. hope you will find it intresting, and since the best time to hike the tral is the the spring you still got enough time to prepare yourself.

the link to the INT section is: http://www.fauziazarinn.com/english/high/intoverview.asp

SGT Rock
2005-07-26, 08:47
Hi All!
It's been a while since I viseted the forum, but I got good reason.
After traveling around the world for 9 month I got back to Israel last Feburuary. Thinking what to do I decided to open a GuestHouse In Nazareth.
It's the first guesthouse in town and there is a lot to do.
I built a nice web site and dedicated a big section for the INT. hope you will find it intresting, and since the best time to hike the tral is the the spring you still got enough time to prepare yourself.

the link to the INT section is: http://www.fauziazarinn.com/english/high/intoverview.asp

Outstanding site. What a great resource - I never knew this trail even existed but now there is a good website for it and a service provider for hikers.

Not that I would probably get to hike there anytime in the near future, but just questions based on some desert hiking I have done. Is this the sort of hike that one would want to wait until winter to do? And, is the weather fairly consistent during the times you recommend to hike the trail?

Your trail journal is helpful as well. I didn't read the whole thing yet, but it would let me as a hiker know enough to plan a good packing list and supply system.

Maoz
2005-07-31, 11:22
Is this the sort of hike that one would want to wait until winter to do? And, is the weather fairly consistent during the times you recommend to hike the trail?.

1. Desert - From October to May the Israeli desert is fairly accessible. You should plan your water supply or water drop no mater which time of the year it's going to be
2. The weather in Israel is most consistent. If you want to know how it's going to be tomorrow it will probably be - just like today. It's working for winter and summer...
3. In the winter there might be few days of rain but for the experience hiker it's not going to be a big problem.
4. You should take in mind the hours of daylight. In Winter from 0630-1730,
and in summer 0500-2000

Thanks for your feedback on my website :smile:
Maoz

Maoz
2005-11-11, 08:51
HI there!!!
I starte working on the INT DB since returning to Israel. Though there is still much work to do, I am getting great help from Shay Rabineau who is doing the English version. http://www.fauziazarinn.com/data1_50.pdf -
No need to say it's the first guide book that will be writen in English for the trail!
Have a good, warm winter

www.fauziazarinn.com