PDA

View Full Version : Hammock rack idea

Steinberger
2005-08-10, 19:59
I remember seeing an idea for a hammock that I thought would be an idea to think about. A hammock design I saw once (I forgot where) that had four long loops made of nylon webbing attached in a sqaure pattern to the bottom of the hammock. You can then put sticks or maybe even hiking poles through the bottom to creat a rock that you could sit you pack on to keep it under the cover of your rain fly but off the ground. What do you guys think?

dropkick
2005-08-10, 20:16
Sounds like it could work. Though it might pull the hammock out of shape and make it less comfortable. But without trying it who can say, it might work wonderfully.

I'm currently building a hammock and my idea was an oversized rainfly and hooking my pack under it with a carabiner to the rainfly ridgeline near the foot of the hammock.

Steinberger
2005-08-10, 21:20
Interesting I never thought about it changing the shaper of the hammock although I thought it might mess with the opening on the hammock. What I was thinking is to put it as close to the end to try and not mess with the shape and opening as much.

youngblood
2005-08-10, 21:34
I remember seeing an idea for a hammock that I thought would be an idea to think about. A hammock design I saw once (I forgot where) that had four long loops made of nylon webbing attached in a sqaure pattern to the bottom of the hammock. You can then put sticks or maybe even hiking poles through the bottom to creat a rock that you could sit you pack on to keep it under the cover of your rain fly but off the ground. What do you guys think?Was this it: http://www.tammock.com/en/hammock.htm ? Might be difficult getting in and out with it that high.

Steinberger
2005-08-10, 21:50
Yes that is it. I guess it will just take some tweaking to get it to work.