PDA

View Full Version : Big Fly - The HH Hex

GregH
2005-08-21, 15:05
I didn't like the HH Explorer ultralight Asym (too much stretch) so I returned it to REI. Then I ordered the HH Explorer Deluxe Asysm and substituted the Hex Fly for the standard fly.
Measuring 12' x 10' I knew it would be big but this thing is huge! It folds over the hammock and goes nearly all the way to the ground. Since it is a hex shape you can't even see the hammock underneath it.
It gives loads of room for gear storage, cooking, etc. It's like having separate wings off each side of the bedroom. One wing will be for the kitchen and dining areas, the other wing I may put in a library or a media room. I'm telling you, this thing is huge!
I can hardly wait to be out with this in a big storm. Forest animals will seek me out for shelter.

Lanthar
2005-08-21, 16:05
I can hardly wait to be out with this in a big storm. Forest animals will seek me out for shelter.

That may not be the safest thing... :biggrin:

peter_pan
2005-08-21, 20:22
GregH,

Beware of storms lasting forty days and forty nights....The animals seeking you out for shelter might notice the boat like shape of your HH...at least you'll have some room in an Explorer for a few... but then it could get ugly...

Pan

GregH
2005-08-21, 23:18
Pan,

It's the dancing elephants that worry me! :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Greg

peter_pan
2005-08-21, 23:25
Greg,

Good news is, you only have to let two on board.... :elefant: :elefant:

Pan