PDA

View Full Version : Patching a HH

Steinberger
2005-09-18, 20:15
I just got my second hennessy hamock from my old non asym kind from a few years ago. It was a Backpapcker UL Asym. The first weekend I used it it got two holes in the netting. I am afraid the might start ripping and was wondering what you guys do to fix your because I never had any problems with my old one's netting. Thanks in advance.

Just Jeff
2005-09-18, 21:15
Slap a small piece of duct tape on it and call it a day.

Or just sew a seam down it...the net doesn't stretch too tightly so as long as you use a small seam allowance it shouldn't hurt anything.

Seeker
2005-09-19, 00:00
a zigzag stitch might stretch better, if you can make one. or you can just hand sew a small piece of netting over the hole/rip... you didn't say how big it was, or where... if it's near the edge, you might be able to just fold it up and sew it into the seam... if it's out in the middle somewhere, try what jeff said...

good luck.

CanoeCamper
2005-09-20, 01:28
My local hardware store has "patches" for screens. They are about 1.5" square and self-adhesive. About $3 for 8 in a pack.

CanoeCamper
2005-11-26, 17:41
My local hardware store has "patches" for screens. They are about 1.5" square and self-adhesive. About $3 for 8 in a pack.
Forget that! The patches apparently only work on the house screens that are under tension all the time. They want to curl up and fall off the HH screen (due to a lack of tension I'm assuming).