PDA

View Full Version : A 6pack of manwich anyone?!

Streamweaver
2005-10-12, 14:11
I was in a store called Ollies yesterday(they sell everything!!)Hunts has 6 single serving envelopes of manwich ,complete with the fully cooked ground beef and everything for about 7 bucks.Its not the cheapest food you could take backpacking but its ready to eat and the single serving pouches are good so none gets wasted.I myself could live on Manwich!! :biggrin:

Truckin
2005-10-12, 14:56
:biggrin: hey, that sounds pretty good. I like to take those aluminum packages of tuna in oil that they sell at the grocery. I grab a couple of packets of mayonaise from the deli and mix to make tuna salad. It may not be the lightest meal to carry, but its one of my favorites.

Iceman
2005-10-13, 10:05
mmmmmm,...manwich!

jimtanker
2005-10-13, 11:57
Iceman - why did I KNOW that you would reply to this post???

Must be because you are all the manwhich there is out there.

Only problem for you is that a six pack of single servings is two servings for you.

:biggrin:

GregH
2005-10-13, 23:24
A Manwich's not a sandwich, it's a meal! :elefant:

Rage in a Cage
2005-10-14, 01:21
I enjoy manwich's, though they do sound a little cannibalistic.

CynJ
2005-10-14, 09:28
I will have to look for the Manwich - I think that on a wrap would be great!

I just tried the Stagg Chili in the paper carton (staggchili.com) - you get about 2 cups of chili in a paper juicebox type container. Its really not lightweight - but the chili was excellent and it would probably make a good first night out meal. And it was only $1.59.

GregH
2005-10-14, 11:50
I will have to look for the Manwich - I think that on a wrap would be great!

I just tried the Stagg Chili in the paper carton (staggchili.com) - you get about 2 cups of chili in a paper juicebox type container. Its really not lightweight - but the chili was excellent and it would probably make a good first night out meal. And it was only $1.59.

And they're great when the weather is cold.

Streamweaver
2005-10-14, 12:12
Somebody on Whiteblaze asked for a bit more info on this stuff so Ill post it here too.
Ok,to heat up just rip open packet and dump in your pot,or use Scotsghost's idea(which is an excellent one!!) less muss and fuss that way! The pack comes with 6 pouches at 4ozs each ,complete with the sauce and ground beef.4ozs is about the size of one of those small burger patties from the grocery store,so one or two pouches per sandwich is about right,but thats the nice thing about individual servings ,use what you need only.I put some on corn tortillas and it was good! Yup its the original BBQ Manwich.

The Stagg chilli sounds good too!! I dont really count the weight of food since it wont be heavy for long!!LOL Thats why I cut weight on gear!

GregH
2005-10-14, 14:36
...I dont really count the weight of food since it wont be heavy for long!!LOL Thats why I cut weight on gear!

Amen. It's important that one carry enough manfuel.