PDA

View Full Version : Pine Mountain Trail

Rowdy Yates
2005-10-19, 14:07
The Pine Mountain Trail is located in the Franklin Roosevelt State Park near Warm Springs, GA. It is an excellent overnight hiking trail. :elefant:

Tomcat1066
2007-10-13, 14:29
The Pine Mountain Trail is located in the Franklin Roosevelt State Park near Warm Springs, GA. It is an excellent overnight hiking trail. :elefant:

I'll be on it this time next week. Any advice?

Tom

Take-a-knee
2007-10-13, 15:15
Yes, make sure you get there to get a permit before the office closes, I think they close at 6pm but they are open later on Friday. You can reserve a spot online at the State Park website but you cannot reserve an individual campsite until you get there. It is $3 per person per nite. The west end of the trail will probably have plenty of water but I'll bet the Dowdell's Knob area and west of there will be dry. When you see water, you'd best tank up.
FDR park # is (706) 663-4858.

Tomcat1066
2007-10-13, 15:48
Yes, make sure you get there to get a permit before the office closes, I think they close at 6pm but they are open later on Friday. You can reserve a spot online at the State Park website but you cannot reserve an individual campsite until you get there. It is $3 per person per nite. The west end of the trail will probably have plenty of water but I'll bet the Dowdell's Knob area and west of there will be dry. When you see water, you'd best tank up.
FDR park # is (706) 663-4858.

Much appreciated! I plan on heading that way early Saturday morning since I'm only a couple of hours away in Albany, GA. Do you know what time the office opens?

Tom

Zero Day
2007-10-29, 15:36
There is currently a fire ban so take a stove if you need to cook.