PDA

View Full Version : Yukon HL By Princeton Tec

The HotDog
2005-11-07, 23:12
Price: 49.99
Weight: 8.20 ounces
Some of my background:
I have logged 90 nights tent camping with my scout troop in the past 4 years. All of that has been car camping :hmpf: (I long for the open trail :) )

Use of lamp:
I have owned the Yukon hl headlamp since August 2004 and I must say that the one thing that impresses me the most is the battery life I have just now (11/07/05) replaced the three AA batteries because the light was becoming
Too dim for my liking. (Although still bright enough to use) The second thing that impressed me is how bright the 1-watt L.E.D is it is as bright if not brighter than
An AA Mini-Mag light. This light is also very durable since buying it in 04 it has not missed a campout since. The light also has three 15mm L.E.D's which provide great close up lighting for the trail or around camp.

Princeton Tec (http://www.princetontec.com/)

Hog On Ice
2005-11-08, 09:17
I used to have a head lamp with the battery pack in the back of the head like the Yukon HL - it was rather irritating when using it in the hammock or laying down outside. These days I use the Aurora and if I wanted to go to the 1 watt led I would probably go to the Eos.

Sgathak
2005-11-08, 12:08
Princeton Tec makes good gear, and they stand by it.

I have a Scout headlamp. The clip on it broke. I wrote them an email, explaining I had no reciept. no warranty info, that I didnt know how the clip got broken but I probably stepped on it or my dog stepped on it on the way home in the car and since I had no info to give them, Id like to BUY a new clip. All they asked for my address, they shipped out a new clip and head strap the next day.

Granted, while the clip and head strap arnt the most vital peices of equipment for the light use, they do comprise over 50% of the package, and even when I offered to buy new parts, they shipped them out for free, on their dime.