PDA

View Full Version : Cheap/light book light

Streamweaver
2005-11-11, 11:59
I found this little book light in the dollar section of my local Sav-A-Lot grocery. It has one white LED and a wire,inside a tube about 10inches long ,with a small clip .It takes 3 button cell batteries(included)and I dont know how much it weighs but it cant be more than 2.5-3 ounces. They even put a handy little slot in the battery compartment so you can slide a small peice of plastic between the batteries to keep it from turning on accidently,though the switch is pretty good.I tried it last night and it was surprisingly bright!! The wire kneck is handy because you can clip the light in one spot and turn the bulb any way you want. And for fishermen ,this would also be a handy little gadget to attach to you vest etc for tying on flies,plugs etc in the early morning,late evening darkness. Not bad for a buck!!Its made by a company called Solar INC.

SGT Rock
2005-11-11, 12:04
I like my Zipka plus. With Li batteries it weighs less than 2 ounces, and it can be a headlamp for reading, or I can put it around my wrist quickly for a hands free flashlight. The three LEDs are plenty bright enough for hiking if needed and you can tone it down for in-close operations like cooking and reading.

Streamweaver
2005-11-11, 12:06
I like my Zipka plus. With Li batteries it weighs less than 2 ounces, and it can be a headlamp for reading, or I can put it around my wrist quickly for a hands free flashlight. The three LEDs are plenty bright enough for hiking if needed and you can tone it down for in-close operations like cooking and reading.

Yeah Sarge I carry a headlamp too,but I cant stand wearing to read when Im kicking back in my tent.Maybe the Zipka is more comfortable.