PDA

View Full Version : New walking stick

dropkick
2005-12-22, 03:05
I was out sliding around the K-Mart parking lot and wishing I had something on the end of my cane so I could get a grip on the ice.

When I got home I did a llittle looking on the net and found what I wanted, it was called an ice grip cane tip. Could get them online for anywhere between $5 to $15 (plus shipping).

Decided to check local businesses first.
First medical supply place I called had them for $14. Then I called my neighborhood pharmacy, they had them for $5.75. I bought two.
Put one on my cane.

Went to the hardware store and bought a unfinished broom handle for $3.
I'm going to cut off the threaded end and put a rubber cane tip on it, then the ice grip. - I also plan to oil the staff (decided against varnish - oiling is easier and less slippery), and drill a hole for a wrist strap.

A walking/fishing staff for under $9.

Scans of the end of my cane with the ice grip on it:
http://www.freeimghosting.com/images/dropkick/p1135232929426.jpg

Lanthar
2005-12-22, 11:04
nicely done... very cool...

Streamweaver
2005-12-22, 11:54
Good idea!! Those tips could prolly be used to spear trash too!! Might have to sharpen em up tho!LOL

Turk
2005-12-22, 21:28
How do you fish with it?

dropkick
2005-12-23, 01:47
How do you fish with it?
Don't actually fish with it, just use it to keep from falling down and scaring the fish.

Though... have you ever seen the movie My Name Is Nobody?
Terrance Hill shows you a very basic fishing method (w/ a stick) in the movie.
You need to rent it if you haven't seen it, it's a classic western. Trust me. :rolleyes:
(Henry Fonda is in it too)

Streamweaver
2005-12-23, 12:32
Don't actually fish with it, just use it to keep from falling down and scaring the fish.

Though... have you ever seen the movie My Name Is Nobody?
Terrance Hill shows you a very basic fishing method (w/ a stick) in the movie.
You need to rent it if you haven't seen it, it's a classic western. Trust me. :rolleyes:
(Henry Fonda is in it too)

LOL Ive been fishing my whole life ,but I still dont have the patients to fish like that guy!!! :biggrin: I love that movie!!