PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie here..

emilion
2006-01-09, 04:05
I'm from Hongkong, just wondering around looking for experience shared here, to get well prepared. Thanks for the sharing.

I'm a newbie and got not much to talk about...but just feeling a bit strange that the "Gears corner" , which load by a java applet, does not has a flashlight inside.. In my country, some people do carry powerful HID in a nite trail (yep, I think thats way too much light.....). My experience tells that its fine without one in full/half-moon night..but how about those nites without moon light?

CamppamC
2006-01-09, 04:23
Hi Emil! Fancy meeting you here.. .haha.. LEDcandle here.. came here to see if can gather more ppl to boost my GB so everyone can benefit.

I'm planning for a camping trip or maybe normal shopping trip soon. Maybe if I go to HK for holiday I can drop by your store (do you have a shopfront?). See ya around!

jimtanker
2006-01-09, 10:58
Hi there emilion. Welcome to Rocks site. Enjoy!

Sgathak
2006-01-09, 19:36
My experience tells that its fine without one in full/half-moon night..but how about those nites without moon light?

I think this is a situation that varies from region to region.
Where Im from, a night with a moon is almost like daylight... and a night without a moon is just dark enough to be annoying.
But I still take a small LED flashlight.

peter_pan
2006-01-10, 08:28
The moon can be helpful...but a good (yet small and light) light is essential...

On a long trip remember that you will be out thru all the phases of the moon... with and without cloud cover issues....and if the trail is forested...and if it is summer in full leaf vs winter w/o leaves...or if your hike is late winter into spring/summer/fall...You get the picture...plan to handle a great unexpected variety of reduced light situations...

That said...Aren't moon lit nights great... expecially for watching the wild life...

Pan

dropkick
2006-01-11, 02:17
Where I'm from on the nights with no moon, or on the cloudy nights you'r lucky if you can see your hand in front of your face.
I carry a small LED flash all the time. Light weight, fits in my pocket and bright enough so I can find my way around in the dark.