PDA

View Full Version : Name This Stove

incognito
2006-01-18, 22:58
You guys are good at naming stoves, help me out on these two!!!!!!!!!

The one on the right is madeout of a chafing fuel can. Has a tube inserted that reaches to the bottom of the can. Tube is permanently affixed. Has holes in the tube at it's base and at it's top. Allows fuel to enter can at bottom and top holes allow vapor to escape.

The wick in the center is spring loaded. Unscrew the top and the wick pops up. Light it and it starts to heat your water like right now. The can carries your fuel. When you use denatured the stove will warm up and start to give of vapor and will ignite at the top holes to give added heat to your pot. Acts like a Trangia but has a megawick in it's center for fast service.

The one on the left is a .308 caliber burner with windscreen/potstand.

Has threaded cap with neoprene washer to make it water proof.

20 ml. fuel capacity, not tested for boil times yet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/springloaded002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/springloaded003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/springloaded004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/springloaded006.jpg

My Smilies won't work and my photos won't load in Guided Mode wasup?

dixicritter
2006-01-18, 23:26
I fixed your images for you. Don't know what to tell ya it worked for me in guided mode.

:)

Turk
2006-01-18, 23:59
"Fat Man, and Little Boy" :biggrin:

okay, okay, sorry. enough with the nuke jokes.

jimtanker
2006-01-19, 00:22
How about Blurry?

Just kidding. That one stove made using a .308 bullet? You sell any of those?

dropkick
2006-01-19, 02:35
The chafing dish stove I'd call "The Bird" because it looks like it's giving you the finger.

"Bullet stove" has been used so: "The Iron Ration Stove"? (WW2 slang for bullet) "Trajectile Stove"? "Stove Version .308"? "A Stove of a Different Caliber"?

"Happy Fun Blowtorch" or more serious "The Conflagrator"?

Lanthar
2006-01-19, 09:09
wow incog... very unique stoves... I like them a lot!

Seeker
2006-01-19, 13:54
"The Bird"... very descriptive... i like it. :biggrin:

blackdog
2006-01-19, 15:17
whammo

(this part of the post is just filler, believe it or not, the system wouldn't allow just one word...)

incognito
2006-01-19, 19:16
Whammo (ammo)

Projectile (erectile)

The Bird (you're right about that one)

When I first saw how the picture looked after posting it I thought for sure someone would call it "Dildo" :damnmate: :biggrin: Not sure about the spelling on that one.

JIMTANKER, I don't have any for sale. When I make up a batch I'll let you know. I've made a lot of them for survivalists to carry magnesium powder in them. They have flint attached to the base. There cool!!!! :rolleyes:

DIXICRITTER, thanks for fixin my smiles :biggrin: this one's for you :biggrin: havnt tried photos yet if it works here's another :biggrin:

Salvelinus
2006-01-20, 22:15
Projectile (erectile)

Hehehe . . . beat me to it!

:rofl:

dropkick
2006-01-21, 02:14
Incognito,

Off subject, but you seem to have the ability to machine metal, and I like your work. So have you ever tried making a metal fire piston?
I've been interested in them for a while as an alternative for fire starting, but haven't ever tried to build one. Most the descriptions you find on the net are horn, wood, or plexi, but I've always thought using metal pipe for barrel and piston would make for a tighter fit and easier use.

descriptions: www.onagocag.com/piston.html

incognito
2006-01-21, 20:57
Dropkick, I dont have the equipment to machine that close a tolerance for a fire piston. OOPS56 might be able to put us in the right direction to get one made of metal.

Maybe I'll do a GOOGLE to see what I can find.

Every time I look at your AVITAR my face looks like this :biggrin:

Where did you find that?

Is that your cart filled with gear? :biggrin: :dancing2:

dropkick
2006-01-21, 22:55
Dropkick, I dont have the equipment to machine that close a tolerance for a fire piston. OOPS56 might be able to put us in the right direction to get one made of metal.

Maybe I'll do a GOOGLE to see what I can find.

Every time I look at your AVITAR my face looks like this :biggrin:

Where did you find that?

Is that your cart filled with gear? :biggrin: :dancing2:

I might try making a hybrid, a metal tube with a wood piston.

Don't really remember where I got the picture, probably just stumbled across it on the net.
When I look at it, I mostly empathise with the donkey, as I often feel a bit like a jackass, and I seem to have trouble getting enough traction to get going.

Plus I have a tendancy to overpack. :rolleyes: