PDA

View Full Version : Granite Gear's Vapor Ki pack, anyone?

SowthEfrikan
2006-01-29, 09:35
Howzit,

This is a new pack from Granite Gear, sister to Vapor Trail. I've tried googling for reviews but haven't found much info on it, possibly because it's a recent addition to their line. Backpacker Mag made it an editors' choice, and while I trust their advice, I like to read up on things before I test and buy. Unfortunately they aren't in REI right now, either.

Can anyone help? Tah muchly.

Cheesewhiz
2006-02-18, 19:01
I don't think it is available till march? I am waiting for them to make the hipbelt pockets also!

SowthEfrikan
2006-03-04, 10:48
Where is this pack? I was hoping I might have it already to take on a trip to Grand Canyon this next week, but it doesn't look as if it's going to happen. My new squall tarptent looks as if its going to make it here on time, though.

Has anyone hiked in the Grand Canyon at this time of year? The night temperatures look to be considerably lower than what we are experiencing right now in Texas.

SowthEfrikan
2006-05-27, 11:24
Eventually it showed up on ebay. The length of some of the straps on the thing was a bit surprising, and you do need to cut off the excess. It works beautifully for me, it's light and very comfortable and carries all that I need with room to spare, and I've adapted to the roll-top closure easily. At first I was a bit concerned that it might need some babying, but after forgetting to take care of it a few times and chucking it up against rocks and branches, it's still absolutely fine.