PDA

View Full Version : boot decurver

dropkick
2006-01-30, 03:19
Don't know that this is much of a problem anymore, but in the old days if you got your leather boots wet and dried them out too fast the sole would develop a upward curve which often ruined the boots.
Anyway, I was looking through some of my old papers and I came upon an old idea I had to keep this from happening.
It's a pretty simple idea and I thought I'd show it too you just in case it might help someone.
http://www.freeimghosting.com/images/dropkick/p1138605298614.jpg

Salvelinus
2006-01-30, 18:20
Cool idea, Dropkick! I've never had this happen to boots, but I DID have it happen to a pair of leather-soled dress shoes. Never did get them flat again. I'll have to keep this idea in mind.

BTW--Everyone in my family loves your avatar--I laugh everytime I see it. :biggrin:

Seeker
2006-01-30, 19:07
i went to a military school in alabama... when it rained, it RAINED. i got my low-quarters (black dress shoes to you laity) soaked about once a month... i used a shoe tree to dry them... the one end is sort of shaped like a garden trowel, and holds the toe end inshape, and the other end has a knob for the heel. the middle part has a hinge like visegrips... you put the tree inside, and it stretched the shoe into shape, and then it dried correctly... never thought about using string and a block of wood though...