PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping bag ... maybe?

dropkick
2006-03-15, 03:14
This probably should go in the gear forum, but as the product is in Chile', and I haven't been able to see where it was even possible to buy it. Anyway I think it is more of an amusement than an item you'd probably buy.

I stumbled across an site talking about this bag and I thought it was worth mentioning. It's called the Selk' bag and it has arms and legs.
You wear it and can walk around looking like the Mitchelin tire man.

www.musuchouse.com/

KLeth
2006-03-15, 03:58
Quite funny, not as effcient due to the larger surface.
Well my old army sleepingbag had arms and the foot-section could be zipped open to allow the sleepingbag to function as a jacket.
Very good when I was on sentry duty on cold nights or when sleeping with boots on during patrols (my feet are so big that when I wear boot these would only go 2/3 into the foot section, making me unable to enter the sleepingbag fully)

dropkick
2006-03-17, 00:23
If you want one of your old army bags I saw them on a website for $14.00.
That would be 85.862 DKK or 11.5216 Eur.
(If I can find the site again)

KLeth
2006-03-17, 01:19
Thank you Dropkick, but I think I've got three smouldering somewhere in our dungeon :fisheye: I've moved to the HelSport Dovre sleeping bag - Much warmer and comfortable.

Iceman
2006-03-17, 09:35
Ok, all you lightweight nuts, look the other way for a second....

For anyone interested in a 0 degree bag, for an occasional outing into snow country, I just bought three new bags from Sierra Trading Post.

Alps Mountaineering 0 degree bag for $38.95 each.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.aspx?baseno=79444

Not light, but cheap. If you are looking to pick up a bag for a once or twice a year coldweather trip, this may be the right price for you.

I actually bought a long for myself, and two regular length for my kids. We tried them last weekend on a snow trip, and they worked great. I even had a bit of room in my bag, and I am a big guy. Me like cheap. Ugh.

dropkick
2006-03-17, 19:41
I actually use a 0 degree bag year round.
And a fleece blanket and a sheet
(whispering so the ultralighters won't hear me and hold me in contempt)
I just vary how much of me I cover with it.

Iceman
2006-03-17, 20:07
I think they heard you.....