PDA

View Full Version : owww!

dropkick
2006-04-23, 22:53
I'm just telling you this so you can feel sorry for me.....

Went on a short hike today, and fell down twice.

Once right at the beginning of the hike. I wasn't paying attention and stepped on a rock twisting my ankle, bouncing off a tree and slamming to the ground.
Thought for a minute, the hike was going to end there, but after lying on the ground moaning and swearing for awhile I decided it wasn't that bad.
Picked myself up and found I'd scrapped about 3 inches of flesh off my calf, and put a big bruise on my forearm, but luckily I hadn't twisted my ankle too badly.

Hiked about 6 miles and was heading back towards the car when I tripped going up a hill and slammed my already bruised forearm into a rock. Owww!!

I'm typing this with my forearm resting on an icebag.

Other than that it was a very nice day. It was a little nippy up in the hills, but I wore a t-shirt and chinos and never put on a jacket.

The snow has started to melt and the creeks are rising. The green grass is starting to pop up and there are buttercups in the lower meadows. Other than my clumsiness I had a wonderful day.

Bitterroot National Forest - Stevensville area near Bass creek.

oops56
2006-04-23, 23:44
:banghead: :banghead: Well i don't do much hiking but now i see how you get in shape start early and get over it. Shore i bet you left the first aid kit at home.

KLeth
2006-04-24, 01:23
Too bad that an elsewise perfect trip were marked by your accidents.
On the other hand you will remember that hike for quite some time.

deadeye
2006-04-24, 09:22
Scars are like pictures you always have with you - great for stories. They all start the same way: "... and I got this one here back in '72... " :biggrin: