For...the...gear...I...want.

Oh wait,
That was last week.
Don't we have a zombie icon here?

Skidsteer
2006-04-29, 20:51
Just take a look at the site....For the gear you want

www.backcountry.com

Bevs/Bambi: You're not fooling anybody here or on WB. Tell the truth or go away.

jimtanker
2006-04-30, 11:16
Damn, all the gear there sux and its WAY over priced. I wouldn't even click on the link if I were anyone.

Backcountry.com sux!!!

:rolleyes:

Just Jeff
2006-04-30, 12:12
Wasn't this thread already deleted once?

Bevs, if you want to advertise, please have the integrity to pay for it - either with money or by participating in the forum as you post. Otherwise, you're stealing.

KLeth
2006-04-30, 13:36
Have hikinghq.net been infected with bots or are some of these spamming people without ground contact (To put it nicely like most entries written here) ?

Best thing is to not provide traffic from this origin to the advertised destination, this only encourages them to post more adds. If you want to see what's on the link, do the copy paste into another browser window (without parameters, path and attributes), this way they can't analyze what sites provide traffic to their destination.

Girlfriends website got over 1000 bot entries in the guestbook, advertising for some darn pokersite. We had to shut down guestbook for serveral days and it took me serveral hours to delete the crap.

john pickett
2006-04-30, 18:08
It seems like there is a process for putting someone on an "ignore" list. Could someone show me how? I have a sudden urge to use this feature. :elefant:
John Pickett :captain:

Hog On Ice
2006-05-01, 09:06
click on name from a post header or user list and select "view public profile" - there is a link on that page to add name to your ignore list

john pickett
2006-05-01, 12:13
Done.
Thanks, HOI. I've never felt the need to silence anyone on this list. Doubt it will happen often. ( often felt the desire on backpacking group on Yahoo so just left )

KLeth
2006-05-01, 12:42
Sorry to say so, but most of the spammers, who have posted here, have only posted one message/thread per logon :damnmate: So unfortunately, it is not very efficient to block them :bawling:

- But on the other hand it could have been me who got blocked, which would be effective :angel:

Streamweaver
2006-05-01, 16:34
Done.
Thanks, HOI. I've never felt the need to silence anyone on this list. Doubt it will happen often. ( often felt the desire on backpacking group on Yahoo so just left )

I used the ignore button so often on the AMC board I ended up talking to myself most of the time!!LOL So I finally quit that one! :biggrin: