PDA

View Full Version : Balloon bed?

dropkick
2006-05-04, 03:29
Anyone seen this?
www.balloonbed.co.uk/

The theory sounds good, don't know about the practical use.
Thought I might build a quick version to test.
If it worked you could tie the balloons with string for reuse (maybe 2 or 3x).
Maybe make a stronger version using... umm.... how do I say this... the individually pakaged "latex balloons" - found in the adult section of the drugstore.

Just Jeff
2006-05-04, 11:35
Have you ever pumped up a balloon that size with such a small pump? Gotta have strong wrists and forearms or they'll be numb when you're done.

Looks just like gardenville's (Bill Fornshell's) inflatable mattress on BPL, except he uses long plastic tubes instead of balloons. Seems to work well for him in his hammock.

Streamweaver
2006-05-04, 11:50
Anyone seen this?
www.balloonbed.co.uk/

The theory sounds good, don't know about the practical use.
Thought I might build a quick version to test.
If it worked you could tie the balloons with string for reuse (maybe 2 or 3x).
Maybe make a stronger version using... umm.... how do I say this... the individually pakaged "latex balloons" - found in the adult section of the drugstore.

Might be okay for summer use but with nothing but air inside they wont insulate very well!

Just Jeff
2006-05-04, 13:37

Hrm. If yours are big enough to make a bed from, you have my respect.

But it seems that many of them are lubricated - I could just see them rocketing out the end when you sit on your bed. Might knock someone unconscious or something...

peter_pan
2006-05-05, 09:45
We made one of these...works fine...get a small pump, unless you have mega lungs...wgt about 2 oz total incl 2 nights of single use ballons...approx 3 oz for a WW pump....now in the old gear box of tried but currently not in the packing plan...

It was stronger than imagined.

Pan

Iceman
2006-05-07, 22:19
....now in the old gear box of tried but currently not in the packing plan...Pan

Hey, you have one of these too? I love going thru my old stuff, brings back great memories. I need a den to display some of the better, bizzare, and/or rediculous old stuff.....