PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a single ZX/2 review

blackdog
2006-05-11, 21:28
I'm quite happy now that i can wear my z/2 sandals outside again. But bringing half the backyard into the hallway yesterday made my lovely wife ask me when it's time to buy another pair of chacos to wear indoors... So i had a quick peek at the Chaco homepage and especially the new zx/2 model. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be a single review on the net. Sales pitches, yes, but no reviews that i could find.

So... Have you tried them? I'd be happy to know how these new double-strap sandals feel compared to the older single-strap model.

dropkick
2006-05-12, 01:42
I have no experience with your brand of sandals, but I visited the Chaco website for a look.

My advice, for what it's worth: as they're still offering the z\2's and you know you like them, stick with them. Why take a chance on sandals you might not like?

blackdog
2006-05-12, 03:59
I have no experience with your brand of sandals, but I visited the Chaco website for a look.
I discovered Chaco sandals by mistake, when looking for something similar to the Tevas that my brother had (and still loves), and then took a long time of rererereviewing (more like dwelling on, actually) every review that i could find about them. The company has a good information department that even helped me choose the right length and width for my z/2s. (Remember that there were no dealers in my country at that time, and that i really didn't want to pay overseas shipping if the shoes didn't fit).

My advice, for what it's worth: as they're still offering the z/2's and you know you like them, stick with them. Why take a chance on sandals you might not like?
Good point. But there's a catch. The z/2s have changed too. They have a slightly lighter footbed now and a new sole material/pattern. My favourite webbing style is also gone. So I thought: "Why not buy one of those new sandals and see if i like them better?" That's why i'm dwelling on reviews again. ;) Nobody sells the zx/2s in Sweden yet, as far as i know.

Also I've never tried a toe strap like the zx/2 has but I don't think I'd like it, I think it would be uncomfortable.
The z/2s were uncomfortable the first days, but predictably so. The biocentric soles demanded that the feet do their part in a way that almost no other shoes do. I had read about it in all the reviews but didn't really understand it before experiencing it. The z/2s are my favourite footware since (although i don't get to use them much in the winter).

The thing about the toeloop is that the only socks that work are japanese type or those with separate toes. It's possible to emulate the z/1s by pulling the strap all the way down to the footbed, but that's not as comfy. I have size 12s and the toeloop points the sandal in exactly the same direction as the foot at all times. That's why i like it so much.

These are the sandals I just ordered from Shoebuy.com: Propet Surf Walkers. This is the style sandal I like.
Those look really nice. Leather feels great, but i spend a lot of time at the edge of the water (in and out of boats, etc.). The single layer of polyester in the z/2 strap doesn't stretch at all when wet and dries real quick. Leather just doesn't work for my use.

Thank you for taking time to read and respond to my request, dropkick. I hope you get as much pleasure from your new shoes as i have had from my z/2s. We all deserve that.

A moot point now, but maybe you would have liked Chaco's Jorge (http://www.chacousa.com/products/ProductColors.cfm?cID=8&pID=23) sandals. Like having z/1s in leather... ;)

dropkick
2006-05-13, 06:08
Oops, sorry about the edit.
Just before you posted your reply to me, I had decided that my reply to you was to verbose and also you didn't need a picture of my new sandals in your post, so I cut it down to the bare bones.
Oh well, you kept everything I originally posted as quotes in your reply, so it doesn't look disjointed.

Those look really nice. Leather feels great, but i spend a lot of time at the edge of the water (in and out of boats, etc.). The single layer of polyester in the z/2 strap doesn't stretch at all when wet and dries real quick. Leather just doesn't work for my use.
I go through water all the time (on my favorite day hike I wade 3 streams and 4 ditches) and while leather doesn't dry as fast as synthetics I've found them to be much more comfortable, wet or dry.
-Also stretching hasn't ever become an issue with me.
Maybe you could give leather another try?

dropkick
2006-05-14, 04:59
I don't know if this will help you, but I just tried on a pair of Crocs (belong to my cousins).
After trying them I'm getting some.
My cousin's family and several friends have been raving about these shoes.
They are made from rubber and are extremely comfortable.
They also don't cost much (less than $30 usd).
And they are very lightweight.
I don't know how they would be for hiking, but for day hikes, casual wear, beach wear, camp shoes, or whatever, they would be hard to beat.

I like the shoe model "the beach"

Europe/Swedish site:
www.crocsfootwear.co.uk/

Page with links to all their sites:
www.crocs.com/international/international.jsp#europe