PDA

View Full Version : Question for Iceman

dropkick
2006-05-25, 03:20
Hey,
All this talk about experimenting with explosives, elecricity, and women reminded me.
What ever happened with your plan to try shooting .22's from a .357?
As you haven't wounded yourself (as far as we know), died, or reported a new way to destroy a handgun, was it a dud? Or did you give up on the idea?

Disclaimer: the board member known as dropkick in no way supports experimentation with dangerous substances such as electricity, firearms, explosives, or women :angel:

unless it looks like fun

Iceman
2006-05-25, 09:50
Funny that you should ask. I just bought a .22cal Ruger Mark II, target, 5.5" Bull barrell for the desired effect on grouse. (up to fifty yards, oh yeah!) I was looking at the Mark III Hunter, but too spendy for my likes.

I decided to carry the .22, during my deer and elk hunting trips, since I will have a rifle in hand for dealing with trouble. During the other times, hiking, snowshoeing, fishing, mushroom picking, shopping,... I will carry the .357mag. Although, for proper balance, It has been suggested that I carry both on my holster. According to my chinese friends, I need to pay closer attention to my (look it up) feng shui. I need to consider this approach, thousands of years of practice in this ancient chinese way of life cannot be wrong. :biggrin: (Besides, I really really really like guns, and any suggestion that I should carry two every now and then is a good suggestion to me!) When you weigh in the 280's in the buff, a couple of extra pounds of steel hanging on your belt is no problem. You light weighters are thinking about shaving weight from your load :bawling: , and I am thinking of ways to add more. :biggrin:

I still would like to mill out a couple of dummy rounds which can hold the .22 cal, and shoot in the .357, but havent done it yet. I have found that I have way too many neato ideas, and not enough time to try them all.

I need more time!

Take-a-knee
2006-05-25, 19:42
I have the J-frame S&W revolvers in AL/TI that weigh about 11oz in 22 LR and about 14 oz in 357. Both have 3in barrels. I have thought of carrying them both

Kea
2006-05-25, 22:44
Disclaimer: the board member known as dropkick in no way supports experimentation with dangerous substances such as electricity, firearms, explosives, or women :angel:

Especially not at the same time. They'll put a major league case of whupass on you if you even try.

Take-a-knee
2006-05-26, 01:39
It may not be prudent to play with a woman, a gun, explosives and electricity at the same time but if my aging memory is correct I think I have come close to playing with all of them in the same day, maybe it was over a couple of days. About the only way to improve on that would be to throw in a nightime freefall from a great height...in the desert, with a full moon.

Redleg
2006-05-29, 00:39
Yet again it's time to reserect an older thread.

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1024&highlight=guns

This is the old "weapons " poll
For the rest of the bru-ha-ha, thread search "guns", then plan to be stuck in front of your monitor awhile.
jaf