PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day

Iceman
2006-06-18, 17:18
Happy Father's Day. I am lucky enough to be a father with two kids at home. My Dad had a stroke this week, but all seems to be OK, with only a bit loss of the use of his favored hand. I am lucky he is still with us. I am also lucky enough to have a great stepfather who I have called "Dad" since I was young.

My wife is missing her Dad today, since his passing eight years ago. A good friend of mine is missing his Kids today as he is divorced, and the kids are with his ex-wife... I hope they call him today. Another friend of mine only speaks with his father a few times a year, hasn't seen him in years.

I guess the reason I am writing this today is because I feel a little guilty. Many kids around the country today have their fathers away in foreign countries fighting for us all. Some have not spoken to their fathers in years. Some do not know their father at all.

If you are a Father who didn't get a call or note today, If you are a Father who has not seen his kids, or family in a long while, or if you have not seen your father in a while, I wish I could share with you a bit of the good feelings I have felt today. Happy Fathers Day from me!

Turk
2006-06-18, 20:47
I'll raise a glass to that.

Well said Icey.

Frolicking Dino
2006-06-18, 21:56
Happy Pappy day to all the pappies here.

Take-a-knee
2006-06-18, 22:35
My darling wife baked my favorite oatmeal-raisin cookies last night for fathers' day and gave me a card thanking me for being the father of our two daughters. God is good.

JAK
2006-07-27, 23:27
Top Rock,
Happy belated father's day. Welcome home.