PDA

View Full Version : "Sticking" draw string sleeve

blackbishop351
2006-08-09, 10:38
I posted this over on WB too, but I'm not getting any replies... :rolleyes:

Just got a 'new' Gregory Z-pack. Great pack, just the right size, great condition. Only one minor problem. The drawstring around the windrift collar "jams". It doesn't want to close all the way. The material gathers at the back. I CAN pull it closed, but with a lot of resistance. That makes me nervous; I don't want to damage the material.

Anybody else had something like this happen? Solutions? I can open up the sleeve, but I'm not sure what to do from there, or if there's an easier idea. Thanks!

Take-a-knee
2006-08-09, 12:35
Roll the drawstring tube between your fingers in the area it doesn't want to gather properly, maybe the sewer left something in there, or there are too many layers of fabric for it to collapse as it should. You could change out the drawstring maybe, spectra cord is available in small sizes and that stuff is SLICK! It is so slick it is hard to get it to hold a knot.

blackbishop351
2006-08-09, 14:51
I don't know how permanent the solution will be, but I got a suggestion from WB and it works great, so far!

I grabbed a burned-down votive candle and used it to coat the string with wax. I pulled the string back into the sleeve, worked it back and forth a few times, pulled it back out, and waxed it again. After a few times, it works like new!!!

jimtanker
2006-08-09, 17:19
Rocket scientist!

Amigi
2006-08-10, 14:28
First, we discover where all the missing lithium went, and now you fix the draw string problem with a votive candle. Things are looking up for mankind! :cheers:

SowthEfrikan
2006-08-10, 20:48
LOL! Well said.

BTW a bar of soap has the same result.

oops56
2006-08-10, 21:40
Yep he who fall asleep is lost also i did this 2 or 3 times watching t. v. try to wait for the last min.