PDA

View Full Version : SGT Rock Update

Just Jeff
2006-08-15, 12:08
Haven't seen it posted here yet, so I thought y'all would like to know that Critter and Rock posted over at WB that he's on his way back to Iraq after some time at home for his mid-tour.

Best wishes for a safe and speedy return, and Dixiecritter, I appreciate your sacrifice (and the kids') as well...it takes strength and courage to be a military spouse. Folks outside the military often don't realize how hard it is.

Seeker
2006-08-15, 13:26
what jeff said... thanks rock and dixie critter.

Rosaleen
2006-08-15, 20:35
Rats!

I missed catching Sarge by about a week. I looked up Dixie Critter and the kids on my way to Ohio from hiking Springer to NOC. Enough various "-itis-es" were kicking up that I decided to stop at NOC rather than hiking the extra 28 miles to Fontana. I am working with PT now on one still ballooning ankle and my right shoulder, old injuries re-arrgavated during my hike.

Dixie Critter, as we all may have imagined is just as much a sweetheart in person as I've come to know her over land lines and E-mail. My sons are grown up now, and I was greatly tempted to borrow Sarge and Critter's sons for hiking partners. The older son has a good head on his teenage shoulders (There is a testimonail!) and the younger one is a charmer. The grandson is darling, but I'm not wanting to go that far back in kid care. It will be bad enough if my own sons ask for me to step up to a babysitting role as a some-day grandma.

I'm finally rejoining the world after an extended visit with my parents and several siblings, then a tooth abcess, the meds for which had me "lost in space" for nearly a week. I did hope to try to call Sarge, but I'd not have remembered anything we said at that point...

As much as I hate to see Sarge gone again, it is good to know that he has a great life-partner in Dixie Critter holding the fort at home and supporting him through his Army career.

Salutes to Sarge and Dixie Critter!

Rosaleen

JAK
2006-08-16, 01:26
Thanks rock and dixie critter, and the boys also.
:beerglass :beerglass :beerglass :beerglass

dixicritter
2006-08-16, 09:19
Thanks y'all! Sorry I didn't get the news posted over here sooner. JJ, thanks for getting this info over here for us.

I heard from SGT Rock around 3am EST yesterday and he was in Kuwait awaiting a flight back into Iraq. He said he'd let me know when he made it back to his camp, so I'll keep y'all updated on that.

Thanks again everyone!

Amigi
2006-08-16, 12:55
Haven't seen it posted here yet, so I thought y'all would like to know that Critter and Rock posted over at WB that he's on his way back to Iraq after some time at home for his mid-tour.

Best wishes for a safe and speedy return, and Dixiecritter, I appreciate your sacrifice (and the kids') as well...it takes strength and courage to be a military spouse. Folks outside the military often don't realize how hard it is.
Amen, bro.

dixicritter
2006-08-16, 13:00
Thank you Amigi.

Another update... I just heard from SGT Rock, he's made it "safely" back to his camp now and gone back to work. Thought y'all would like to know.

Just Jeff
2006-08-16, 18:39
Keep the updates comin, critter. And don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

deadeye
2006-08-16, 18:58

Ditto. Bless your whole family.

jimtanker
2006-08-16, 19:59
Rock - you need to get back here in one piece. We need to have dinner again some time.

SGT Rock
2006-08-17, 15:17
Thanks y'all. I am keeping my ass down and my head on a swivel. Luckily (normally I wouldn't say this) I have lots of backed up paperwork to catch up on and I am trying to get that knocked out. I have a couple of days in the wire to get over jet lag while I am doing it before I have to go out on a patrol.

The "million man march" is going to happen this weekend. Lets hope it stays more peaceful than last time. That was a catastrophy. I bring that up because it will be right outside my FOB. Ouch.

I can't wait to get back and go to dinner. I'm thinking a backcountry trip in NC next time.

john pickett
2006-08-17, 15:46
Sarge,
Thanks for your service.
Huahh! from this Squid. :captain:
John Pickett

dback
2006-08-22, 00:09
Sarge,

I told my grand daughter that you had to return to 'work'....she's got you covered. Please....take care of your boys and get home safe. Critter....thinking of you.