PDA

View Full Version : $%&*

Hog On Ice
2003-01-16, 21:19
$%&* is what you say when you are really not having a good time on the trail - it is pronounced something like "truck"

SGT Rock
2003-01-16, 21:22
LOL, I was wondering if we would ever get a definition under "Symbol"

PushingDaisies
2003-01-16, 22:45
ROTFLMAO :D

Redbeard
2003-01-17, 11:31
$%&* should not be uttered near smaller mountains, they're not old enough.

spanky526
2003-01-21, 00:30
%&$! Is against the law to say in Michigan infront of woman and children. I read it today in an old backpacker magazine while I was sitting at work. $100 Fine and up to 90 days in Jail

Hikerhead
2003-01-21, 22:58
"$%&*" is not always used in the negative sense.

The first time I walked up that buttbuster hill at Massey Gap to the ridgeline at Grayson Highlands. "This $%&*ing hill is kicking my arse" Then when you reach the top. "$%&*!!, this $%&*ing place is Awesome!!!!!"

When you can use it 5 times or more in the same sentence, then you are a master.

When ladies or childrens are around, I try to substitute "Freaking".

:)

SGT Rock
2003-01-21, 23:03
There used to be this funny MP3 about the use of the word $%&*. How it can be a noun, verb, adjetive, and adverb. It had examples how to use $%&* in sentences.

Hikerhead
2003-01-22, 00:13
George Carlin

MalTheElder
2005-03-31, 22:55
A true computer nerd would say fsck, instead of $%&*. fsck is actually a Unix/Linux/BSD system command meaning "File System ChecKer." That it looks like $%&* is a fortunate coincidence. We don't say fsck around Windows (tm) machines, as they aren't mature enough.

Rage in a Cage
2005-03-31, 23:33
Anyone can pronounce the verbalized version that ends with a k. A true master can also pronounce the symbolized version of "$%&*". Try saying that five times real fast. :biggrin:

It reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story"

"My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium. A master"
AND
"My father could weave a tapestry of obscenity that I understand still hangs over Lake Michigan to this day"

NiteShiner
2005-04-04, 14:10
"%&$! Is against the law to say in Michigan infront of woman and children" (so spanky526 read)

Do you know if that law is still on the book for being active?

And, Sgt Rock, I remember that George Carlin (as Hikerhead informed us) great breakdown of the English structure for "$968*". Just one more step on my hiking education. :) Thanks. I may learn how to get around yet. Now can somebody educate me as how to get around on this site? And what would be classified a 'bad' day of hiking? I would most likely say freakin' - been saying it since I was in Germany back in '79-82.

JPW
2005-04-04, 15:22
[QUOTE=NiteShiner]"%&$! Is against the law to say in Michigan infront of woman and children" (so spanky526 read)

Yes it is ! A canoeist found that out a few years back.

Rage in a Cage
2005-04-04, 18:10
"%&$! Is against the law to say in Michigan infront of woman and children" (so spanky526 read)

And, Sgt Rock, I remember that George Carlin (as Hikerhead informed us) great breakdown of the English structure for "$968*". Just one more step on my hiking education. :) Thanks. I may learn how to get around yet. Now can somebody educate me as how to get around on this site? And what would be classified a 'bad' day of hiking? I would most likely say freakin' - been saying it since I was in Germany back in '79-82.
I am not sure by what you mean about getting around on this site but I would start here. http://www.hikinghq.net/ This is the main page and you can navigate from there.

A bad day hiking would be when you end up dead. Of course that is debatable also. :)

Sure say freakin'. I freakin' say freakin' all the freakin' time. Freakin' yeah!!!! :biggrin:

NiteShiner
2005-04-05, 01:45
Ok, Rage, I went to that address. I have never been there before. Here are a few of my questions. Is the button on here for Post Reply the same as Post Quick Reply? And what if I hit Go Advanced? If I click on Quote I am taken to another screen. Then I'm at a loss. I see all the cute smiley faces and such, but I don't know how to obtain them. Newbies! What to do with us . . . age old question. :) Have I told you lately - thanks for all your help? Consider yourself told.

scarecrow
2006-01-28, 08:34
There used to be this funny MP3 about the use of the word $%&*. How it can be a noun, verb, adjetive, and adverb. It had examples how to use $%&* in sentences.

Oh, I just had to follow this up...

Using Proper English: The 'F' Word (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/fwordflash.html)

Enjoy...

dixicritter
2006-01-28, 11:18
That's one of SGT Rock's favorite words and videos...LOL.

GregH
2006-01-28, 12:40
%&$! Is against the law...$100 Fine and up to 90 days in Jail

Well, $%&*!

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-11-16, 15:55
Perhaps the only thread ever about the F-bomb...without actually saying it. :congrats:

Going to go to confession now.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-11-16, 16:03
PS I got into a tussel once because someone called me a mother $%&*er and I said "Well if your mom wasn't so good and inexpensive I'd stop $%&*ing her". She was within hearing distance (both were in custody and she DID have a record for night work) and I had no idea they were related...it was on.

Roche
2011-11-16, 18:12
I'm not sure if I can remember how to spell $%&*. Firetruck is also a good substutite.

Roche
2011-11-16, 18:21
PS I got into a tussel once because someone called me a mother $%&*er and I said "Well if your mom wasn't so good and inexpensive I'd stop $%&*ing her". She was within hearing distance (both were in custody and she DID have a record for night work) and I had no idea they were related...it was on.I'm trying to envision a Norman Rockwell painting of that tender mother and son moment.:hmmmm:

warraghiyagey
2011-11-16, 19:29
fuck.....

cool breeze
2011-11-16, 19:36
......noodles

SGT Rock
2011-11-16, 20:05
This is what I just said very loudly. I spent the last two days going through the guidebook with a microscope looking for format errors on each page, little alignment and overprint issues. Then I got done and printed a draft - that is when I suddenly realized I had messed up the margin settings in about half the book and had to fix that. Now I've got half the book to comb through again because changing margins can change it all.

@#$#%#@%&!!!

Ray
2011-11-16, 20:22
That's one of SGT Rock's favorite words and videos...LOL.I find it hard to believe .... Hah!

Ok, I'm sorry. Let me try that again.

I find it hard to believe that an E-8 in Hah hah hah! OK, that was close. I almost made it. One more time....

I find it hard to believe that an E-8 in the US Army has ever heard that word before, let alone knowshowtosayit....wah hahr har hah hah hah snork!!

There. You know what I mean.

Roche
2011-11-16, 20:42
It's an acronym: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Hey Rock, can we get a smiley for that?

SGT Rock
2011-11-16, 21:03
Find one you like and I can add it.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-11-16, 22:46
fuck.....

There goes the thread record for not actually saying $%&*. :angel:

Big Mac
2011-11-16, 22:52
http://clanwta.com/forum/images/smilies/sex.gif

SGT Rock
2011-11-16, 23:00
What is that?

Big Mac
2011-11-16, 23:04
What is that?

Two smilies in bed $%&*ing.

SGT Rock
2011-11-16, 23:08
Ohhhh LOL.

Roche
2011-11-16, 23:23
What is that?How long have you been married?

dixicritter
2011-11-16, 23:38
How long have you been married?

LOL good one!!

Hog On Ice
2011-11-17, 00:10
beats me but I think its gay - the one on bottom is bottoms up

Roche
2011-11-17, 00:26
They probably left the missionary after the old man developed back problems.

SGT Rock
2011-11-17, 00:57
http://www.free-emoticons.co.uk/emoticons/Sign/what_d_fuck.gif

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-11-17, 12:41
I'm trying to envision a Norman Rockwell painting of that tender mother and son moment.:hmmmm:

Well picture this (my preserve the knees last job);

A small holding area (two cells and a logging chain bolted to the floor for overflow) with too many inmates in a court house. The male cell contained two brothers with different last names and a BUNCH of other "customers". The female cell was occupied with several male protective custody inmates (read: child molesters) and I had one female hooked to the floor in the hallway. She turned out to be the mom of the two brothers and had a completely different last name from both of them...who knew!?

No, don't think old Norman would find a heart touching moment there among the child molesters, meth heads/dealers, burglars, and a meth head hooker. :laugh:

firemedic
2012-04-21, 09:15
I find it hard to believe .... Hah!

Ok, I'm sorry. Let me try that again.

I find it hard to believe that an E-8 in Hah hah hah! OK, that was close. I almost made it. One more time....

I find it hard to believe that an E-8 in the US Army has ever heard that word before, let alone knowshowtosayit....wah hahr har hah hah hah snork!!

There. You know what I mean.

it would be Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

Weary
2012-04-21, 12:31
Oh, I just had to follow this up...

Using Proper English: The 'F' Word (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/fwordflash.html)

Enjoy...
You mean the proper thing to say when I try to climb Katahdin these days, is "I'm never going to climb this F-Word mountain again?" That seems pretty cumbersome. Wouldn't it be simpler to just say, "I'm never going to try to climb this fuckin mountain again?"

But maybe if I use proper English, I wouldn't keep trying again and again. Do you suppose? Regardless, I'm committed to trying once more in July. I'll try the proper English version and see.