PDA

View Full Version : Great way to wash face and neck

a-spire
2006-08-27, 18:34
Several years ago I discovered an incredibly easy and effective way to wash your face and neck at the end of a long day of backpacking. I own a hiking company (http://www.wildlandtrekking.com) and this is a huge hit with our clients! Fix yourself some tea, then once it's strong enough, take the tea bag out and use it to wash your face and neck. It smells good, its clean, its warm, and it even serves as a wash cloth to dig out some of the deeper seated dirt particles. It's refreshing and doesn't create extra waste. Hope it helps!

dropkick
2006-08-28, 19:33
Didn't the English used to use tea to darken their skin when they wanted to disguise themselves as Indians (from India)?
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm fairly sure Flashman and Sherlock both used this method.

Just Jeff
2006-08-28, 20:26
I've heard it's good for taking bags our from under your eyes, too. In case you're trying to impress a hiking princess or something... (Where's neo?!)

dropkick
2006-08-29, 06:25
You could hang them off your hat, and go around calling everyone mate or sheila.

Iceman
2006-08-29, 23:44
I just clean up at the end of each day before bed by washing up my face with my damp socks. Kills four birds with one stone. 1. No added weight to my pack. 2. Nobody wants to go hiking with me anymore. 3. I learn when my socks need changing, (they can get really dirty after a few days of mopping up your face with them.) 4. You can use them as a tea bag. No tea needed. Just dangle them in your mug, and pour in the hot water. Tea. Cleaner socks.

jazilla
2006-08-30, 13:37
Would this new method be considered a good tea bagging? :help:

Amigi
2006-08-30, 21:15
I just clean up at the end of each day before bed by washing up my face with my damp socks. Kills four birds with one stone. 1. No added weight to my pack. 2. Nobody wants to go hiking with me anymore. 3. I learn when my socks need changing, (they can get really dirty after a few days of mopping up your face with them.) 4. You can use them as a tea bag. No tea needed. Just dangle them in your mug, and pour in the hot water. Tea. Cleaner socks.
You are a sick and funny man. :biggrin:

TeeDee
2006-08-30, 21:46
Tea is great for sunburn also. Next time you or your kids get a sunburn (even mild), brew some strong tea (not herbal), let it cool and bathe the sunburn in the tea with a sponge or washcloth. Takes the burn out right away. Helps in the healing also. I don't know of any scientific study documenting this, but it has been passed down through the family for more generations than I know of and from my own experience it does work.

Iceman
2006-08-30, 23:17
You are a sick and funny man. :biggrin:

My wife would agree with half of that statement, guess which half... :biggrin:

Just Jeff
2006-08-30, 23:24
I'm hoping it's the "man" part...