PDA

View Full Version : white blaze photo

slowhike
2006-10-02, 21:07
sgt rock... i saw a photo of yours on white blaze of a HH w/ what appeared to be a home made outer shell that was shaped to fit. it reminded me of a really wide kayak. and if i`m not mistaken, it was on page 16 in the hammock photos.
any way, i`m working on a similar idea for a top entry hammock. when i saw your photo (dang, some body`s already beat me to it <G>) i thought i`d see how it worked for you.
i was thinking of having the ends & bottom water proof & the mid-section DWR treated. ...tim

dixicritter
2006-10-02, 22:20
Is this the picture you're talking about?

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/5/newhennesystuff-med.jpg

Thought it might jog his memory just in case. :D

slowhike
2006-10-02, 22:47
yep... that`s it. mabey ti`s a HH weather shield, but i don`t remember seeing one that comes up that far over the ends of the hammock.
BTW... that looks like trail days/damascus in the back ground?
to see a photo of my hammock w/ my 1st atempt on a summer version of end protecters, go to the 1st page of hammock camping at WB. titled "slowhike`s hammock" i belive. ...tim

dixicritter
2006-10-03, 00:44
OK... he doesn't own that particular piece. That picture was taken at Trail Days at the HH set up area if I remember correctly, something like 2004 I think.

Here's the link for your hammock pic...

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/8/5/2/1/Hammock-SlowHikesHammock.jpg

dixicritter
2006-10-03, 00:48
Here's SGT Rock's description of the picture...

The new Hennessy Hammock cold weather system (no name for it when I talked to Tom) shown on an Ultralight Explorer without the tarp.

Just Jeff
2006-10-03, 02:52
Slowhike - check out the SuperShelter on the HH website ( www.hennessyhammock.com ). That's the overcover that comes up so high in this pic. The undercover doesn't come up quite so much...Joe had the undercover at Hot Springs. He was hanging right next to me, one hammock closer to the fire ring.

SGT Rock
2006-10-03, 11:55
If that is the photo you are referring to, then that is the original prototype of the Hennessy Hammock Supershelter. Tom eventually released it as a two piece. I had better luck staying warm in the original version than I did in the final release version - and the only difference as far as I could tell was the pad design.

slowhike
2006-10-03, 22:06
Slowhike - check out the SuperShelter on the HH website ( www.hennessyhammock.com ). That's the overcover that comes up so high in this pic. The undercover doesn't come up quite so much...Joe had the undercover at Hot Springs. He was hanging right next to me, one hammock closer to the fire ring.

yep... a friend of mine has the undercover. i hadn`t looked at the supershelter, so i hadn`t got a seperrate picture of both.

slowhike
2006-10-03, 22:12
If that is the photo you are referring to, then that is the original prototype of the Hennessy Hammock Supershelter. Tom eventually released it as a two piece. I had better luck staying warm in the original version than I did in the final release version - and the only difference as far as I could tell was the pad design.

i`ll take a look at tom`s supershelter. and later on, if i can get one sewn up, like i have in mind, i`ll post photos & give a report on how it`s working.
thanks ...tim

slowhike
2006-10-03, 22:15
OK... he doesn't own that particular piece. That picture was taken at Trail Days at the HH set up area if I remember correctly, something like 2004 I think.

Here's the link for your hammock pic...

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/8/5/2/1/Hammock-SlowHikesHammock.jpg

thanks... i appreciate your help. ...tim

dixicritter
2006-10-04, 11:54
thanks... i appreciate your help. ...tim

You're quite welcome... gives me something to do around here. :)