PDA

View Full Version : Good Deals

n2o2diver
2006-10-20, 19:16
I think I got a good deal on a HH EXPEDITION ASYM.

They have some new discolored models for sale on the website and when I emailed them an inquiry they sent me a complete list of various Demos, Mis-matched or Returns that are also for sale.

I got a New- Mis-matched set. Green Expedition Asym with a Brown Explorer (larger) Fly for $89 I also ordered a returned Underpad/Undercover set for $89. So for less than the price of the Explorer I got a whole setup. What do I care if the colors don't match?

So if anyone is in the market for a bargin you might what to shoot them an email.

Turk
2006-10-20, 20:38
Woot.. Post the list!

Take-a-knee
2006-10-20, 22:47
I have the hots for a hyperlite, I don't think they'll be on sale anytime soon. I think they are 8oz lighter than the HULA. That just about makes up the difference between a MaCat Deluxe and the stock tarp.

Turk
2006-10-20, 22:59
Ditto. Turk wants hyperlite bad...... *drool*

Just Jeff
2006-10-21, 00:23
I really want one of the new MLD hammocks. Can't see a good deal coming on those anytime soon, either.

But post the HH list!

n2o2diver
2006-10-22, 19:36
This was from Oct 9th, so not sure its very current, but, here it is:

Here is the current Odds and Ends list. If you have any questions or
would
> like to order something listed below, please let me know by email or
by
> phone (1-888-539-2930 Mon-Fri 9am-4pm PST). To order, phone, email or
fax
> (1-250-539-5390). We need your name, phone number, shipping address
and a
> Visa or Mastercard number and expiration date. If you give us an email
> address, we will email your receipt and tracking info.
>
> Thanks
>
> Keltie
>
> October 5
>
> Odds and Ends Sale - Demos, Factory 2nds, Prototypes, Mix and Match
>
> All items carry our 1 year guarantee against defects in material and
> workmanship (http://www.hennessyhammocks.com/customer-service.htm).
All
> hammocks are new (prototype or mix and match unless labeled as "demo"
or
> "2nd". All items are in Canada. Shipping from Canada will be Expedited
> Parcel free of charge in North America. Faster shipping may be
available
> for a fee. Shipping to addresses outside of North America is available
for
> a $30 fee and will be sent by International Xpress Post when
available.
>
> Ultralight Backpacker A-sym
> Lighter weight version of the Expedition Asym. This hammock can take
> persons up to 200lbs and 6ft tall. It weighs 1lb 15oz.
>
> [$109] 315 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$109] 316 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$99] 317 - Coyote brown, 2" patch on mesh
> [$109] 319 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$109] 320 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$109] 333 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$109] 334 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$109] 335 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$109] S22 - Coyote brown, demo
>
> Expedition A-sym
> Our most popular model. This hammock can take persons up to 250lb and
6ft
> tall. It weighs 2lb 10oz
>
> and has a 30% larger rain fly than the Expedition 2.5
>
> [$169] 321 - Woodland camo, demo(SRP $239)
> [$169] S1 - Woodland camo, demo
> [$169] S2 - Woodland camo, demo
> [$79] S5 - Hunter green, demo
> [$79] S6 - Hunter green, demo
> [$89] S11 - Hunter green hammock, tan Explorer(larger) rainfly
>
> Explorer Deluxe A-sym
> The Explorer models are a full foot longer than the Expedition Asym
and
> Ultralight Backpacker Asym hammocks. The Deluxe can take up to 300lbs
and
> weighs 3lb 4oz
>
> [$139] Several new Explorer Deluxe Asym with slight mesh discoloration
> [$139] S41 - Green hammock, brown (2nd) fly
> [$129] S42 - Grey hammock, small mesh repair, brown fly
> [$139] S43 - Yellow hammock, hex fly
>
> Explorer Ultralight A-sym
> The Explorer models are a full foot longer than the Expedition Asym
and
> Ultralight Backpacker Asym hammocks. The Deluxe can take up to 250lbs
and
> weighs 2lb 7oz
>
> [$99] 310 - Coyote brown, used - repairs to side seam
> [$129] 311 - Coyote brown, reconditioned - seam repair in hammock body
> [$129] 312 - Coyote brown, spotted demo
> [$139] 313 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$139] 313 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$139] S31 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$139] S32 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$139] S33 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$129] S34 - Coyote brown, seam repair in hammock body
> [$129] S35 - Coyote brown, small repaired fabric flaw in hammock body
> [$139] s36 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$139] s37 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$139] s38 - Coyote brown, demo
> [$149] s39 - Coyote brown, hex fly
>
> Safari Deluxe Asym
> The Safari Deluxe Asym models are a full foot longer than the
Expedition
> Asym and Ultralight Backpacker Asym hammocks. The Safari Deluxe is
> roomier can support up to 350 lbs. and weighs 3 lbs. 8 oz. It has
heavier
> ropes and fittings and a 10' x 11' poly hex fly. Some couples are
> comfortable using the Safari Deluxe, as long as their combined weight
is
> under 350 lbs.
>
> [$149] S51 - Forest green, demo
> [$149] S53 - Forest green, demo
> [$149] S54 - Forest green, demo
> [$149] S55 - Forest green, demo
> [$149] S56 - Forest green, demo
>
> SuperShelter - Undercover and Underpad combo specially fitted to HH
models
> provides extra wind,rain and insect protection as well as a flexible
> insulation system.
> [$99] S62 - Supershelter # 1 for Expedition Asym, small repair to
> underpad
> [$99] S63 - Supershelter # 2 for Explorer models, small bubbles in
> underpad

n2o2diver
2006-10-27, 23:12
The HH Website says that 2 day, 3 day and overnight shipping may not be available on the items from this list. I didn't inquire about it and they just shipped it via Canada Post (free Shipping).

Well I ordered on Oct 11th a Wed. They shipped it on the 13th which was a Fri. Today is Fri the 27th and I still haven't received it. They did send me a Canada Post Tracking number and it say it is scheduled to be delivered Nov 1st.

Come on, doesn't 3 weeks seem excessive to ship a 3 lbs box in this day and age? Letís get with the Millennium Canada. I'd have gladly paid $30 or so for some kind of express service.

So if anyone is going to order something, hopefully you donít need it quickly.

dropkick
2006-10-28, 00:32
Come on, doesn't 3 weeks seem excessive to ship a 3 lbs box in this day and age? Letís get with the Millennium Canada. I'd have gladly paid $30 or so for some kind of express service.

So if anyone is going to order something, hopefully you donít need it quickly.

I really doubt that it is the Canadian posts that are slowing things down.
Since 9/11 package mail in the U.S. has severely slowed down. What used to take 2 to 3 days now takes 1 to 2 weeks. And your package also has to go through customs.

It's one of the prices we have to pay to stay safe.

On a connected but different note, why does everything have to be RIGHT NOW anymore? It seems like the world is getting more and more impatient (myself included) about everything. It seems to me that people used to be calmer and much more willing to wait in the old days. -- Or maybe I'm imagining it.

dropkick
2006-10-28, 00:38
n2o2diver,
I just looked back on my post and thought that you might read it and think I was criticizing you. I wasn't. I just worded it badly. I was whining about the world in general.
I apologize for any misunderstanding I might have caused.
Good luck with your new HH

bird dog
2006-10-28, 01:24
DK- IMHO I think that most everyone on this site will agree with you about everyone being in a hurry nowadays. Isnt that a reason we all backpack? To slow down, and live life with much simpler terms (even if it is for only a weekend, or a few days at a time)? I know thats a big reason for me. BD:dontknow:

Turk
2006-10-28, 01:50
Come on, doesn't 3 weeks seem excessive to ship a 3 lbs box in this day and age? Let’s get with the Millennium Canada. I'd have gladly paid $30 or so for some kind of express service.

Dude, 3 weeks is Good! for Canada Post. You are talking about a drunken backwater organization that may run over their own mail bags, (no joke, this happens more than you might think) or drive around with your parcel in the back of a truck for a month without bothering to deliver it.
It is seriously pathetic.

I made a BPL purchase back around sept. 2nd. I got priority shipping and was expecting very minimal delays at the border. After over 10 phone calls, and probablly 4hrs of my free time inquiring, arguing and ranting in 3 different post offices... I get a random phone call from the Driver of a mail truck who turns out was just driving around with my parcel in the back for almost 4 weeks. I didn't know how to respond. The best part .... the guy tells me he would try and stop by the next day to drop it off. How professional is this??

Another story. I do alot of Ebay. Not pant loads, But around 2 packages a week are expected on average. I have had more lost parcels, more incorrect deliveries... and have even had to drive to another city to pick up my damn mail! It is pure insanity. The excuses are ever more lame and bizare. I mean how much @#$%@# brains does it take to read an address right. But really, the worst part is what happens when you arent home to sign for your parcel. All bets are off. They may hang on to it for a month, forget about it, toss it on your front lawn, perhaps take it to some obscure depot on the other freakin side of town, for no apparent reason! Any number of wild, inept, blundering possibilities.

For those that remember, I have told of my own brief interludes of working for Canada Post on the freight trains in northern ontario. Think about that..... they pay cash, to sling mail off a train to just about any old joe that is handy. I dont even need to start into the legal issues of this?! What does this say about this federal organization??

Anyhoo... 3 weeks for a HH from Canada, pretty good deal. If it even came in box, and actually to your door. Well thats just a bonus.

Seeker
2006-10-28, 11:52
Come on, doesn't 3 weeks seem excessive to ship a 3 lbs box in this day and age? Let’s get with the Millennium Canada. I'd have gladly paid $30 or so for some kind of express service.

it's the exchange rate... 3 weeks Canadian is 4 weeks US... it'll be here soon... :D

Lanthar
2006-10-28, 12:42
I really want one of the new MLD hammocks. Can't see a good deal coming on those anytime soon, either.

But post the HH list!

especially considering MLD is still on hiatus training new staff... *doh*

SGT Rock
2006-10-28, 15:35
Now this is the sort of spam we need more of.

bird dog
2006-10-30, 18:12
it's the exchange rate... 3 weeks Canadian is 4 weeks US... it'll be here soon... :D

Thats a modest assesment. BD

n2o2diver
2006-10-31, 12:51
Yesss!!!
It came today. I just set it up and hung for an hour. It WAS worth the wait. Sorry for my Bit$hin. Guess I was Anxious.

Damn I have to go to work. I feel like calling in sick now and heading off into the woods and hangin around.

The Hammock is new, just missmatched colors (Brown Expedition with a Green Explorer Fly) and the Shelter is a second, they say there is a 1 inch repair to the foam pad. I just went over the whole thing and I can't find any signs of a repair. Looks new to me. One happy customer.