PDA

View Full Version : Just another day at work

jimtanker
2006-11-29, 21:21
Me before the jump. Look close at the boots guys!!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/jimtanker/JimsCJump001.jpg

Bording the plane:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/jimtanker/JimsCJump005.jpg

The nice and easy ride down in a -1:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/jimtanker/JimsCJump004.jpg

And I get paid $2300 for that jump too!!!
:cheers:

sailingsoul
2006-11-29, 22:17
Nice pictures Jim! Nice to see. I notice that your using the round shutes? Are the ones you use stearable? and does the mil' ever use the Wing type shutes, like sport jumper use today? $2300 wow, Any chance you night buy BD that MacCat?

Take-a-knee
2006-11-29, 23:06
Yes, some units use the ram-air canopies, the MC-4. In the world of sport parachutes, it is a dump truck, the thing is huge, 360 sq ft. It is designed to be opened at 25,000 ft, the opening is explosive, it is like being sucker punched. Nothing the army does is fun, they figure out how to make it suck...somehow or another. Jim's canopy is a steerable, I thought the 82nd was still "bombing" both doors (in a C130) with T10's (non steerables). That is way cool getting a static line jump from a CASA 212 Jim, I never had that opportunity. I guess the JM looks out the door? Or does he kneel on the ramp like a CH47?

Take-a-knee
2006-11-29, 23:07
Jim, isn't that Sicily DZ?

Iceman
2006-11-29, 23:36
JT! I did not recognize you! You look totally different without a pitcher of beer in your face, beer running down your shirt, and that crazed look in your eyes. You really look wierd now....:biggrin:

:beer:

jimtanker
2006-11-29, 23:59
We normally jump T-10s from C130s and C17s, but this was a jump with USASOC. The fun guys. 2 hours on the ground and then jump, not Initial manifest 8 hours prior and 3 hours in the chutes with an hour plane ride. As soon as the plane left the ground we got "6 MINUTES!"

I jumped from a UH-60 3 weeks ago, Blackhawks are a very nice jump.

That was St Mere Eglese I was jumping from today.

Iceman - I said it was a good day at work. For some reason they dont let me have a pitcher of beer in front of me at work. :beer:

Kea
2006-11-30, 00:54
I jumped from a UH-60 3 weeks ago, Blackhawks are a very nice jump.

Where do you put your tank on a blackhawk? :)

Just Jeff
2006-11-30, 01:23
Good pics.

$2300?! I thought jump pay was $150...how's that work?

We used ram-air chutes at USAFA free fall. I'm going to a jump billet at Bragg so I guess that means I'll be using -1 chutes for the next 3 years. This is my first jump billet...they said my free fall wings will be good enough, but I might go to Benning anyway. Never turn down free training.

bird dog
2006-11-30, 01:53
Jumping in bona-fide tanker boots? Now thats a die hard tanker. I wonder if my MacCat Deluxe could be used as a reserve chute in the event I ever fell off the side of a mountain....hmmmmm.......

Cool pics JT. Brings back memories.

BD

SGT Rock
2006-11-30, 04:05
Jumping in bona-fide tanker boots? Now thats a die hard tanker. I wonder if my MacCat Deluxe could be used as a reserve chute in the event I ever fell off the side of a mountain....hmmmmm.......

Cool pics JT. Brings back memories.

BD

A real die hard tanker would have also worn Nomex.

jimtanker
2006-11-30, 08:22
I get $150 a month jump pay. That one jump made me current for Nov/Dec/Jan, then a year in Trashcanistan. That comes out to $2250. :birthday:

A real die hard tanker would have also worn Nomex.

Not issued here so I cant wear them. With all the 1SGs and SGMs out there I was kind of nervous wearing them anyways. Just something I had to do b4 I go.