PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Rain Suit maybe

Iceman
2006-12-07, 10:33
Someone here was looking for a deal on Frogg Toggs rainwear. I just noticed what appears to be a good deal at Seirra Trading Post.com.

A complete suit, jacket with hood, and bottom for $35.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/315,18163_Frogg-Toggs-Hunting-Rain-Suit-Pro-Action-For-Men.html

Jacket and Pant for $35. Not bad. I hope you like camo.

I have a similar rain suit, not the toughest stuff on the planet, but amazingly light and breathable. I have ordered tons of stuff from these guys (SeirraTradingPost) over the years, good stuff, good service.

Streamweaver
2006-12-07, 11:56
OHHH Honeybunch,I know what I want fer Christmas this year!!! LOL

deadeye
2006-12-07, 12:23
Who you callin' Honeybunch!?!:afraid:

Just Jeff
2006-12-07, 12:43
His Moneybunch, probably.

(or Her...can't tell from the name :D )

deadeye
2006-12-07, 14:16
Kidding aside, is this good stuff? I'm finding that I can get waterproof or I can get breathable, but not both. I've tried quality stuff, too - Redledge Thunderlight and Marmot Precip. The Thunderlight stuff wetted through in minutes, the Precip fared better, but I still sweat-soaked when I tested it. That's why I prefer an umbrella, but carry a rainsuit for cold weather or above tree-line where the umbrella loses effectiveness.

dropkick
2006-12-08, 01:58
I go with a poncho, get the air movement underneath and still stay dry (mostly). Can't stand being hot and sticky, I would rather be wet.
If I had a rainsuit I'd never wear it.

deadeye
2006-12-08, 09:31
If I had a rainsuit I'd never wear it.

Truth be told - I've carried rain pants, but only used them in the snow. I'm going to test run a poncho this summer, but I'm still hooked on my umbrella.:bath: