PDA

View Full Version : New guy tarp help.

stray1
2006-12-16, 10:45
I need a good tarp. I have a Double EaglesNest from ENO and picked up a bug net at the same time but the guy was out of rain tarps. So I have been using my army issue poncho. It works ok but in heavy rains doesn't cover enough. I need a good, durable tarp that is not in day glow colors :biggrin: to put in my ruck. Has anyone used the ENO DryFly? And, if I want the MacCat, is there a long wait receive one? Thank you for your help. This site is a great resource for me.

SGT Rock
2006-12-16, 11:33
You could order a Hennessy Tarp.

Take-a-knee
2006-12-16, 13:13
Rock is well served by the stock Hennessy tarp, I like something bigger. I bought a MaCat Deluxe. Brian at OES is a college student who makes them and we've been told he will pickup production soon, now would be a good time to order. I've never used a JRB tarp but I like the looks of those better than the Hennessy tarp. JRB may have them in stock.

peter_pan
2006-12-16, 13:21
Rock is well served by the stock Hennessy tarp, I like something bigger. I bought a MaCat Deluxe. Brian at OES is a college student who makes them and we've been told he will pickup production soon, now would be a good time to order. I've never used a JRB tarp but I like the looks of those better than the Hennessy tarp. JRB may have them in stock.

ALCON,

FWIW... Everything at JRB is in stock or will ship in three days, unless it is posted as, "Temporarily out of stock" immediately ajacent to the Put in cart button for a specific item.

Pan

stray1
2006-12-16, 18:22
Do you have a size of tarp you like Take-a-Knee? love the name BTW! I sometimes slip and tell my kids to "at ease,take a knee" lol. Anyway, what size JRB woulds u pick?

And, thank you for your help.

Take-a-knee
2006-12-16, 19:56
A long time poster here, Just Jeff, can tell you more that I ever could about tarps. I have a Macat Deluxe, Jeff likes the standard macat and the JRB.

http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCampingDry.html

I don't know why I picked Take-a-Knee for a name, I guess because I was told to, "Take a knee, face out, drink water." so many times

Garry
2007-07-30, 18:14
I just ordered the dryfly and will post back on how it works, the pictures available on the website make it appear at least that it should work just fine.

REI only does online orders for this, they don't stock it in the store either, weird!
Anyway they have a 15% off if you sign up for their newsletter right now, bottom of the page on right.