PDA

View Full Version : Done with first Christmas

dropkick
2006-12-24, 00:28
Having 3 Christmases this year.
One at my house (now over), one at my cousin's, and another at my house again.

Exchanged gifts with my brother and his family today, and then had a big extended family dinner (14 people). Just got the dishes done and the house somewhat back to normal. Will finish moving furniture tomorrow, too tired tonight.

Tomorrow I'm having a gift exchange and dinner at my cousin's house. Should only be about 8 people there, and I'm not expected to do a whole lot to help. Just bringing a few simple dishes that I can put together quick tomorrow morning.

Then on Christmas it will just be my parents and I. Gift exchange and leftovers.

Between preparing for all this and the Christmas party (last night) it has been a very busy couple of weeks and I'll be glad when it's finished.
--Not to say I didn't really enjoy doing it, just glad it's only once a year.

Iceman
2006-12-24, 12:07
I agree.... Sure seems to be a stressfilled time of year with all the "extras" to do. I have two recovered arrow shafts in my shop I have been trying to get time to turn into steady sticks for my coyote rifle. Unable to get the time...Xmas for us has been hectic over the years, Xmas eve at my mom's home (her birthday is xmas eve....), wake up xmas morning, hurry hurry hurry, open them gifts, we have to hit the road to my wife's mother's home for xmas day, then to my dad's home for the evening.....what a drill! I have been doing this drill for 25 years in a row. Xmas should not be spent with your ass in a car seat driving all over hill and dale.

Having lost my mother-in-law last year, this will be our first xmas to relax at home until the eve. Sad to have been given time this way, but the reality. One day my parents will also be gone, I guess I should really be grateful they are still here.

"Hurry up and go" is surely not the reason for the season.

I hope all of you reading this have a great Christmas. Especially those deployed who are risking it all protecting my family, myself, and my way of life. Thank you.

dixicritter
2006-12-24, 15:32
The boys and I are sitting at home this year. I'm spending today talking online to SGT Rock, then this afternoon and this evening the boys and I will hang out together relaxing. (yep I'm rubbing it in!)

We've done our time on the road for the holidays so when the boys asked me this year if we could stay home, I said "sure thing".

Merry Christmas Y'all!

Turk
2006-12-24, 19:42
December 24,

09:00-17:30
Operation - First Christmas with grandparents (set 1 of 4), and great grandparents, second marriage, wifes side complete.

18:00
Letter to santa, cookies and reindeer rations deployed.

18:20
Recital of requisite seasonal historial document "the night before christmas"

18:30
Striped socks deployed in traditional LZ on mantle.

18:35
Alpha team encounters light resistance in route to waypoint bedtime.

18:40
Special Unit standing by to assist Alpha team.

18:41 we are go for christmas.

Merry Christmas to all
especially all of you with young ones.
See you at 05:00.:biggrin:

Turk out.

eyewall
2006-12-24, 21:49
Seasons greetings everyone, hope to meet a few of you on the trail...

Frolicking Dino
2006-12-24, 23:22
We did Cristmas #1 yesterday in Atlanta with daughter, SIL, five grandkids and two great-grandkids.
Mini Christmas #2 with one of the grandkids today (it is the other parent's year to have here on Christmas Day.)
Christmas #3 is tomorrow with 4 daughters and one son, nine grandkids and three great-grandkids.
Christmas #4 is 12/29 with my parents, dear aunt and brother

The rest of the kids and grandkids can't make it this year.

Papaw dino with great-granddaughter
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/PapawMacKenzieChristmas2006e.jpg

dixicritter
2006-12-25, 00:00
Oh she's adorable FD!

Skidsteer
2006-12-25, 01:13
She is a cutie, FD.

WRT Papaw, we've just been watching 'Miracle on 34th Street' and I must say the resemblance is startling!

Frolicking Dino
2006-12-25, 07:55
:D Kids do run up to him and ask if he is Santa sometimes.