PDA

View Full Version : Snow

oops56
2006-12-31, 01:34
Big deal we got it Saturday not cold plus no ice for fishing but it could get worse for now this ok by me

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/th_snowdec30.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/?action=view&current=snowdec30.flv)

SGT Rock
2006-12-31, 04:23
No snow here yet.

Skidsteer
2006-12-31, 10:26
No snow here yet.

I'm kinda glad to hear that, considering some of the goofy things that could happen when 'Hell freezes over'.

JAK
2006-12-31, 10:48
Good one Skidsteer.

Just a light dusting last night, and the Lower St.John and Kennebecasis River are finally frozen over enough for the Penninsula Princess ferry to go of service for the winter, but the ice still isn't thick enough to go out on yet. The ice fishing season is shorter than ever now. When I was a kid we used to play hockey on the ice between Christmas and New Years. So far I attribute all of this to normal fluctuations in our climate, but the CO2 levels are bound to catch up to us eventually so I don't expect to see any more really cold winters here in my lifetime. Most folks around here think that's a good thing. These are the same folks that never go outside. If I had it my way if you don't hike you don't vote.

MalTheElder
2006-12-31, 15:49
What is this snow of which you speak? It's 85F here on the Ocala, and we've yet to make it down to freezing yet. Maybe by February. . . .

Happy New Year!
Malaclypse

KBob
2006-12-31, 17:10
I've got my A/C running here in SC.

GGS
2006-12-31, 19:08
43 degrees f here in mid-Michigan and raining... and I just heard a rumble of thunder to boot...

JAK, I hear you. I really miss the deep snows of Xmas past. Last year snow was sparse even in the UP, this year they've had NO snow. Hotels that depend on the snowmobile season are closing down for the winter. No snow, no snomobilers, no business. Yeah in recent years we get a snowstorm or two here in mid-MI but it's not even worth shoveling the sidewalk. By the time the postal service gets around to giving you a delivery warning (which they do if there is only an inch of snow) the snow has melted.

I like warm weather. I don't mind cold weather if there is lots of snow to play in, and if it's cold enough to freeze everything up. But when it's 40 and raining everything turns to a MUD that won't dry up. (Lansing is a clay-based soil) Dog tracks mud into the house, etc.

Yuck.

sailingsoul
2006-12-31, 19:54
For what my $.02 is worth, it's 68*f night 80*f day time, down here in the Carribean. Santa was Late this year ( as all ways). Santa shows up only after his work up north is done. But when he finishes with the hard cold work, he makes it down here and stays a month. Then it's back to work at the pole, working till next Christmas SS :captain: