PDA

View Full Version : Ultralight

Hollowdweller
2007-02-26, 18:55
Hi guys. When I opened this section up there was "no post in the last 30 days"

To at least get something in here here's a link with some good pics of some ultralight stuff by my friend Bear

http://ramanon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44224

And here's a women's ultralight gear thread with sort of a racy bent (mods feel free to delete if a problem)

http://ramanon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44273

Mutinousdoug
2007-02-26, 22:27
Back end looks a little "ultralite" (not that there's anything wrong with that). Last time I saw her she was feeling up some big knife blade? Some other forum?
I'm certainly not reccomending any kind of censorship here; pretty mild pictures.
Not very campy.
YMMV

sailingsoul
2007-02-27, 09:19
Hay! "gear thread with sort of a racy bent (mods feel free to delete if a problem)" It was labeled. Did take an effort to focus on the "Camping Gear" in the second link but it was there , in most pic's. "Hollowdweller"??? Now I get your screen name. SS :captain:

Frolicking Dino
2007-02-27, 20:53
Somebody get that poor girl a sammich... it is against the laws of nature for anyone to be that thin above the age of 12.

SGT Rock
2007-02-27, 21:05
You should see how my bride is looking these days. She is getting close. Almost didn't recognize here when I got off the plane.

Mutinousdoug
2007-02-27, 22:27
Pictures Top,
TTIWWOP's
FTW: "this thread is worthless without pictures"

Welcome home.

SGT Rock
2007-02-28, 08:40
I got her to put a backpack on just this week. She says she is inspired by folks like FD to try and get out and go hiking. Now if I could just get her to do some pics like that I probably wouldn't put them up, but save them to look at in case I ever get deployed again ;)

Take-a-knee
2007-02-28, 09:40
You have the right idea Rock, don't cast your pearls before swine like us. It feels good to:
A) Be Alive
B) Not be in a rehab ward

Doesn't it!

Hollowdweller
2007-02-28, 18:30
I got her to put a backpack on just this week. She says she is inspired by folks like FD to try and get out and go hiking. Now if I could just get her to do some pics like that I probably wouldn't put them up, but save them to look at in case I ever get deployed again ;)

:biggrin: I can't imagine being away from my wife that long. She's gone a week and I really start missing her.

dixicritter
2007-03-01, 15:22

You are so not normal...LOL.

I did say that if FD can hike after all she's been through, I can sure give it a shot! :D

Frolicking Dino
2007-03-01, 21:41
Can't wait to go hiking with Dixie :D --- let me know when the boys go out in the woods for some guy time and we'll go creep down a trail.

dixicritter
2007-03-02, 12:47
Can't wait to go hiking with Dixie :D --- let me know when the boys go out in the woods for some guy time and we'll go creep down a trail.

I'll be sure and let you know FD! I've also promised to tag along on at least one overnight with the fellas in the near future if they promised to slow it down a bit and not try and kill me. LOL

Got my own set of hiking poles this week... they weigh in at 7.9oz each. I got the LEKI Super Micro cane style poles, they collapse down to 18" (which I though was really cool). So far it seems they are light enough not to aggravate my arthritis in my hands too which is a good thing, true test will come soon enough.

Rock just said now I've gotta get the rest of my gear together...LOL. I think he's a bit excited over this. ;)

Frolicking Dino
2007-03-02, 13:57
::: Excited dino jumps up and down :::
I see a hammock in Dixie's future. :D Are y'all going to hike the BMT or the Smokies or where?

dixicritter
2007-03-02, 23:52
He's already got my hammock set aside for me. He knows I can't sleep on the ground and still be able to move the next day.

He won't really tell me exactly where yet, but assures me it is an easy hike. It has taken him 18 years to get me to agree to this so I'm sure he's telling me the truth...LOL.

Iceman
2007-03-03, 03:51
I always had to lie to my wife to get her to come along. It's not that bad, there won't be that many mosquitoes, wer'e atleast half way in by now, we are almost to the top, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie. She knew it, I knew it. Twas the only way. After she made it to camp, she was happy. Just needed the lies to get there..... Sort of like....well, you know...:evil: :angel:

Frolicking Dino
2007-03-03, 22:31
Dixie, can't wait to see your ultralight pics from the hike :D.

Hollowdweller
2007-03-05, 16:49
Got my own set of hiking poles this week... they weigh in at 7.9oz each. I got the LEKI Super Micro cane style poles, they collapse down to 18"

While we are on this topic I was wondering if any of you all knew what brand of hiking poles collapse down to the smallest length??

SowthEfrikan
2007-03-18, 11:06
LOL @ the lies. My hubby says that coming out of the Chisos I kept telling him "we're almost there" and when eventually he saw the lodge in the distance it was microscopic.

Sometimes you just have to keep the other moving.

Nightwalker
2007-10-01, 22:15

Or just up to dots to harass the thrus, eh, Rene? :D

Nightwalker
2007-10-01, 22:17
I'll be sure and let you know FD! I've also promised to tag along on at least one overnight with the fellas in the near future if they promised to slow it down a bit and not try and kill me. LOL

Got my own set of hiking poles this week... they weigh in at 7.9oz each. I got the LEKI Super Micro cane style poles, they collapse down to 18" (which I though was really cool). So far it seems they are light enough not to aggravate my arthritis in my hands too which is a good thing, true test will come soon enough.

Rock just said now I've gotta get the rest of my gear together...LOL. I think he's a bit excited over this. ;)

I thought that you did extremely well for someone with rheumatoid arthritis. I had wondered why you had the shorties. Now it makes sense.

So, when we going back again? Tinkerbell has been begging for steak ever since we got back!

dixicritter
2007-10-02, 06:57
I thought that you did extremely well for someone with rheumatoid arthritis. I had wondered why you had the shorties. Now it makes sense.

So, when we going back again? Tinkerbell has been begging for steak ever since we got back!

Thank ya Nightwalker. I do my best. :)

Tinkerbell is a good dog. Sounds like we spoiled her just right for ya. :wink:

We'll have to see about getting back out on the trail again. I know Rock and the boys wouldn't mind that too terribly much either. lol.

SGT Rock
2007-10-02, 07:11
Well looks like Spiritwind has some monster Blow Downs on his section which is on the other end of mine. Maybe we will have to get him a crew together from Easy Company.

Nightwalker
2007-10-03, 07:15
Well looks like Spiritwind has some monster Blow Downs on his section which is on the other end of mine. Maybe we will have to get him a crew together from Easy Company.

Woowoo!!!

I'm thinkin' that Sleazy company might describe me and 2-speed better. I sure did have fun with that boy. Y'all were all great, and really took care of me when I was hurting.

It's nice to meet friends for real that you've been hanging out with online for years. Really nice.