Sgt.Krohn
2007-03-05, 22:52
Democrat Funded Military

http://i18.tinypic.com/2ziyipe.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/33uvn6o.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/433cy7t.jpg

Iceman
2007-03-05, 23:06
I wouldn't doubt it if Kennedy, Murtha and Pelosi have their way........:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take-a-knee
2007-03-05, 23:39
What is sad is our current crop of republicans aren't much better. The drawdown from 18 to 10 divisions began under Bush Sr. General Shinseki told congress that we didn't have enough troops to stabilize Iraq, Rumsfeld fired him. His parting speech contained the quote, "Beware of a 12 division strategy with a ten division army."

sailingsoul
2007-03-06, 10:36
Ok people. Lets get a grip on reality here. First, What are we going to do about the Al Qaeda spy in the middle window of the first photo in this thead. Yeah, the one wearing a Lone Ranger mask and smiling !!!! It doesn't matter how many billions a week we spend in Iraq. We will never get anywhere if there are spies.

shooter
2007-03-07, 23:11
rumsfeld and wolfowitz should be taken out and hanged for their treatment of shinseki.

tdaward
2007-03-28, 23:38
What is sad is our current crop of republicans aren't much better. The drawdown from 18 to 10 divisions began under Bush Sr.

Down sizing is one thing....In the late 90's Uncle Bill had use so strapped for funds that I couldn't start my tank....The unit couldn't afford the fuel!!!!

If Congress limits the amount of money spent in Iraq, all that will happen is funds from other units will be pulled to supply others.:fight:

Frolicking Dino
2007-03-29, 14:42
Locally, a group of little old ladies is raising money to buy body armor for a group of Marines. Their unit is leaving soon and they don't have any body armor. What is wrong with GWB's supply network? He has had a Rep congress that would rubber stamp anything he wanted... why aren't our soldiers needs for medical care and protection being met? Where did all that money that's been poured into this war go?

TeeDee
2007-03-29, 21:13
Locally, a group of little old ladies is raising money to buy body armor for a group of Marines. Their unit is leaving soon and they don't have any body armor. What is wrong with GWB's supply network? He has had a Rep congress that would rubber stamp anything he wanted... why aren't our soldiers needs for medical care and protection being met? Where did all that money that's been poured into this war go?

You'd have to ask Che.. er .. Haliburton - seems they have a very sizable chunk thereof. :biggrin: Who said everybody loses on war?

Frolicking Dino
2007-03-30, 05:09
While I don't support withdrawing moneys from our men and women in Iraq, I do support forcing some sort of workable plan in place to get the US out of Iraq down GWB's throat. The battle in DC is one of trying to tie the funding for the war to the formulation of a workable plan to replace the unworkable course we are currently treading.

Poll after poll shows Americans don't believe GWB's long-term plan for Iraq is workable. Last year a report regarding possible plans for Iraq was prepared for GWB. He ignored the findings in determining his course. He has fired every military leader that has had had the audacity to tell him the truth. The hallmark of a great leader is that he or she amasses and then listens to wise counsel in areas where he or she has no expertise.

I support the men and women of our military 100%. I think the most useful thing we could do for them is to get them a new commander-in-chief who cares more about protecting them than the oil reserves in Iraq and to limit the damage this one can do until he is gone. Energy sources can be replaced - moms, dads, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouses can't. It is high time we made the most important thing in this war - the people who are fighting and the civilians in Iraq - the most important thing.

There is an old saying: you can't save your face and your a$$ at the same time. I think it applies to Iraq. We need to quit worrying about who wins or loses or how things look to the rest of the world. We need quit allowing American companies to pump out the Iraq oil and reap the profits and let the profits be used to rebuild the infrastructure we finished breaking. Saddam was well on his way to breaking Iraq before we got there and Iraq would have been another Russia (crumbed from the inside) had we waited another decade.

john pickett
2007-03-30, 18:33
"Poll after poll shows Americans don't believe GWB's long-term plan for Iraq is workable"

FD,
You have unwittingly demonstrated the difference between a politician and a leader. The pol sticks his finger in the air and is blown back and forth by public opinion. The Leader does what needs to be done.
No smilies here, the urge to be rude would be insurmountable.
John Pickett

Frolicking Dino
2007-03-30, 23:38
Thank you for not being rude. May I ask what you feel needs to be done and why?

TeeDee
2007-03-31, 18:58
"Poll after poll shows Americans don't believe GWB's long-term plan for Iraq is workable"

FD,
You have unwittingly demonstrated the difference between a politician and a leader. The pol sticks his finger in the air and is blown back and forth by public opinion. The Leader does what needs to be done.
No smilies here, the urge to be rude would be insurmountable.
John Pickett

Yeah but what kind of leader - There are all kinds of leaders - and a whole bunch of them I wouldn't follow across the street. I could name a few, but I think you would be offended thinking I am trying to compare them to GWB.

You have to be sure that the leader you follow is deserving of your respect and loyalty. You don't follow him just because somebody tells you to. Even in the military you don't follow orders blindly.

Hollowdweller
2007-04-06, 18:04
IMO the Dems knew their plan would be vetoed by Bush, but since the public sent them to congress to send a message about Iraq, they couldn't do nothing. This is slightly more than a resolution but less than a mandate.

I think basically the dems are gonna let Bush have his way there because the executive branch has most of the power in that dept and it will help them in 08 to let him go on:angel:

Frolicking Dino
2007-04-06, 18:29
I think basically the dems are gonna let Bush have his way there because the executive branch has most of the power in that dept and it will help them in 08 to let him go on:angel:True dat. If the war is still going on we will likely have an overwhelming majority of Dems in both houses and the whitehouse. While it would be better than what we now have, I'm not sure it would be the best thing that could happen. I'd rather see more balance.

SGT Rock
2007-04-07, 11:10
Well not to haggle the point. The military is providing VERY good body armor. The marine's family wanted to furnish him with a different type other than what the military is providing, and that stuff isn't cheap. Hence the fund raiser. Add that the Marine in question is a team leader who said he wouldn't wear it unless all his privates had it too - so they had to raise money for more than one guy. The thing to follow up with that is they want to give him Dragon Skin - which is more flexible, but the Army turned it down because it actually offers lest balistic protection and ends up weighing more whith modifications to bring it up to the same level of balistic protection as the stuff I wore over there - which already weighed about 30+ pounds.

Frolicking Dino
2007-04-08, 14:07
Thanks for the additional info, Rock. And it is so good to have you back in the states. Next time you take the boys for a guys' only hike, I'm stealing your wife :D