PDA

View Full Version : sleeping bag probs

ststephen65
2007-03-16, 01:07
hey guys new to the site and new to hammock camping. got to try out my new HH the other day and loved it. it rained most of the night and altho i was a bit nervous i woke up dry. the one prob i did have was getting my sleeping pad to stay put and initially getting into my sleeping bag. it took me like 10 min just to get in the bag and from all the squirming around i found my pad sitting sideways. half way thru the night i just threw the pad outside on the ground anyway. any suggestions?

Woods Walker
2007-03-16, 01:11
You just need to work at it. But getting into a sleeping bag inside my HH has never gotten easy just easier with time. I now use the bag for a blanket. I tuck the sides around me.

peter_pan
2007-03-16, 07:46
Quilts work much better than bags in hammocks...you can use your bag quilt style.... read the archives at www.whiteblaze.net for how to stay warm and dry and comfortable in hammocks....most active hangers can be found at www.hammockforums.net

welcome to the hanging gang.

Pan

oops56
2007-03-16, 08:02
I got a cheap one last just to take a nap in it they ways selling them for 20.00 and its nylon

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/th_hammock.jpg (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/hammock.jpg)

deadeye
2007-03-16, 09:46
Ditto the above. I just use my bag as a blanket. I un zip it to about knee level, stick my feet in the pocket, and leave the rest on top.

A few stripes or dots of silicone on the bottom of your pad will help it stick

Take-a-knee
2007-03-16, 10:43
Buy a Feathered Friends Rock Wren sleeping bag, It has zippers you can stick your arms through, and a drawstring at the bottom. You "don" the bag like a pullover, stick your arms through, pull the bottom of the bag about knee high, and sit down in the hammock. Lie back on the hammock, pull your feet inside, close the drawstring and pull your arms inside the bag if it is cold enough. I use either a Kickass Quilt for bottom insulation or a 36in pad from Oware, trimmed to about 20in wide from the waist to the foot. It took me way longer to type this than it does to get comfy in my hammock.