PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Tomatoes ???

Sgt.Krohn
2007-04-05, 15:53
Cheap Tomatoes ???

This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent

From a California school teacher - - -"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens , Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and roll -- but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids. (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America . (OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK)

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students here in the country less then 3 months who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas" whores and throwing things that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it.

Does anyone in their right mind really think they will voluntarily leave and return?

There are many hardworking Hispanic/American citizens that contribute to our country and many that I consider my true friends. We should encourage and accept those Hispanics who have done it the right and legal way.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: A third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about "politically correct" that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage?

Consumers don't want expensive produce?

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs…

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or $6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent

He qualifies for food stamps

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school

He requires bilingual teachers and books

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare. All of this is at taxpayer's expense

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills and his.

The American taxpayer's also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people!

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know.

TeeDee
2007-04-05, 16:28
Do you have a reference or source for this?

Not saying it's wrong or right.

But with a source, I can confidently email to others.

Sgt.Krohn
2007-04-05, 16:31
Do you have a reference or source for this?
Not saying it's wrong or right.
But with a source, I can confidently email to others.
wish I did..
came from a good friend
but he didn't give me a link from it's source
just a copy&paste from his email

as we say... came from the "Great Continuum"

Frolicking Dino
2007-04-05, 18:09
This email has been circulating for some time. No one seems to know the source.

Bear
2007-04-06, 09:31
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile..., We have room for but one language here and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

Sgt.Krohn
2007-04-06, 10:18

Bear
2007-04-06, 11:33
I do understand, I simply meant that if people come to this country, then they need to become Americans. I'm tired of working my butt off putting my kids through private school, because too many public schools suck, and college while trying to get ahead myself and supporting too many through welfare that are perfectly capable of supporting themself. Everyone in America should have to play by the same rules. There should be no more life time welfare. I do not mind helping someone who has fallen on bad luck such as lost job, natural catastrophe, 911, or the elderly but, it should not go on for their entire life. If you come into this country, learn the language, it's called English. This not only applies to imigrants but those who were born here, get a job, better yourself, set an example for your children, teach them right from wrong by example. I know, I'm preching to the choir, those that will read this are probably just like me. Did not mean to get on a soap box, tax time will do that to you. Everyone should be proud of his heritage no matter where they came from but, if you become an American citizen, you are an American first and formost. And if I remember my geography right, Texas is part of America, so God bless America and God bless TEXAS!

Bear
2007-04-06, 11:58
Sgt Krohn,
I got off on a tangent there and bypassed your point. My meaning was meant more for those newly entering our country. Anyone that has been here as long as you have, have every right to consider himself a Texan first. As I remember my history, the civil war was fought over states rights. Our most beloved general of all time would not raise his hand against his home state of Virginia and turned down command of the entire union army. And talk about leading by example, to this day as far as I know, Robert E Lee is the only West Point graduate that never received a single demerit. He considered himself a Virginian first and formost.

deadeye
2007-04-07, 10:56
I'm as red-blooded as the next guy, but here's a quote from the Top (emphasis added):

"Actually I'm trying to capture some of the things I've learned about hiking and backpacking in a place to share them. Hope you find something here you can use. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I will try things before putting them up. I only want to present information that I have used and that is helpful."

My 2 cents.

Sgt.Krohn
2007-04-07, 12:00
deadeye- Top has many discussion boards for many different things involved in backpacking and equipment. This is the "General Discussion" board. We are discussing "General Topics"
...as has been told to us through the years- "if you don't like the program- change the channel.."

deadeye
2007-04-14, 05:00
Yknow, you're right, I shouldn't be going around stifling anyone. I apologize. I think I was ranting because I'm jonesing to get hiking and there's still feet of snow on the ground, snowed all #$%^ week, and they're calling for another foot on Sunday. I don't usually gripe about the weather, but :argh:

Iceman
2007-04-16, 02:24
Yknow, you're right, I shouldn't be going around stifling anyone. I apoligize. I think I was ranting because I'm jonesing to get hiking and there's still feet of snow on the ground, snowed all #$%^ week, and they're calling for another foot on Sunday. I don't usually gripe about the weather, but :argh:

I am amazed at how cold "global warming" has been lately. With the citrus crops devastated this spring from frost, and repeat blizards back east all apparently due from 'global warming', I can't imagine the shape we would be in if we were experiencing global cooling, what; wouldn't this mean that everywhere would get warmer? Oh yeah, now I remember, WARMER OR COOLER, IT'S ALWAYS GLOBAL WARMING.....I am confused. Al Gore, please help me understand!

pure_mahem
2007-04-21, 22:05
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile..., We have room for but one language here and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:
My Favorite President; the source of my favorite quote "Speak very softly, Whisper even, Then beat the !@#$^&*'s with a really big stick!":secruity:

OOps! that's just how I interpritated "Speak softly, but carry a big stick" Love those rough riders, lol!:ridinghor

pure_mahem
2007-04-21, 22:16
I am amazed at how cold "global warming" has been lately. With the citrus crops devastated this spring from frost, and repeat blizards back east all apparently due from 'global warming', I can't imagine the shape we would be in if we were experiencing global cooling, what; wouldn't this mean that everywhere would get warmer? Oh yeah, now I remember, WARMER OR COOLER, IT'S ALWAYS GLOBAL WARMING.....I am confused. Al Gore, please help me understand!
Anybody seen an Inconvenient Truth Al's not the smartest apple in the pickle barrel but there are some really good theories pointed out in this movie and YOU NEVER KNOW!!! Anybody seen The Day After Tomorrow this stuff could become a reality and by the looks it seems to be going that way!!!

sailingsoul
2007-04-22, 14:06
I thought that "The Day After Tomorrow" was a fiction movie but maybe I lost contact with reality. It happens. It's easy to do or maybe I was just mislead. SS:captain:

dropkick
2007-04-23, 00:43
"The Day After Tomorrow" was based on an unproven idea, a theory.
Just like the theories put forth so far saying global warming is man-caused.
They are all unproven, many make tremendous leaps in logic and ignore proven facts that don't support their suppositions.

I'm not saying that some of what has been said about global warming won't be proven true, I'm just tired of theories presented as facts.

KLeth
2007-04-23, 01:47
I can recommend reading Michael Crichton' "State of Fear", it contains quite a bit more true information than "The Day after Tomorrow", which is a splendid SCI-FI movie. I read "State of Fear" on our hike on Grenland last summer. It raises a lot of qualified and documented questions even though it is entertainment.

The more energy that is kept in our atmosphere the more violent the weather will be. This will include any form of extreme weather.

sailingsoul
2007-04-24, 00:54
The way I see it there are two kinds of people. The ones who can tell the difference between Bullshit and Theory,,,,,,,,,,,,and the ones who can't. The ones who can't sometimes mistake Bullshit for Theory. SS:captain:

Spice1
2007-04-29, 16:03
A post on immigration reform moving onto global warming. Must be an election year. Now, what do you guys think of gun control?

The first post in this thread set me off a bit. My family moved to America to help overthrow the government that was also their oppressor. Yes, my family was one of the forgotten groups that came from Ireland to help fight the revolutionary war. In the years that followed, particularly during the large influx of Irish prior to the civil war, the Irish were treated much as the mexicans are now, much as the Chinese would be during the gold rush, as cheap, sub-human labor.

The truth is, I went to a junior high with a child care center. I would say the mothers were equally white, black and hispanic. In high school, it was the same way.

The truth is, anybody with a high school education and rudimentary literacy would be mad to take the jobs the migrants in California take. That's why, following the recent crack downs on illegal labor, 50% of the apple harvest over here on the west coast rotted on the trees.

We are not going to stop illegal immigration by taking on the immigrants. It's like trying to get rid of ants without cleaning the pile of sugar on your counter. More dangerously, it is a step towards the nationalism which arose in Nazi Germany. We need to go after the large businesses which continue to hire them, and slap them with more than token fines. While a $50,000 fine would destroy most independently owned businesses (contractors hiring day laborers) it doesn't even noticably hurt the bottom line of companies like Pepsi Co, who got in deep when the labor practices supporting their taco bell franchise were made public. But we won't because those self-same companies are busy tossing money into political campaigns.

If you want to get deep into the subject, read Fast Food Nation and Reefer Madness by eric schlosser, or Freakonomics. All take interesting views of underground economies.

And as for global warming, a more accurate term is climate change. I support those that doubt it full heartedly, simply because I hope your right. But I wouldn't put money on your science.

GGS
2007-04-29, 18:12
Interesting point by Sgt. Krohn and interesting counterpoint by Spice1. Both made me think.

Thank you both by attacking the issue and not each other, unlike certain individuals in other threads.

Intelligent discussion makes us all think. Flaming makes us all want to look/be somewhere else. Example, read the thread "A new twist on a one Soda Can Stove". (Sgt Rock, you ARE going to moderate that post, aren't you??)

I continue to look forward to intellectual input from the two of you

-GGS

pure_mahem
2007-04-30, 02:23
My Idea of Gun control is to get plenty of practice so you can hit what your aiming at! Although not supported by a lot of people my view is that if you are a citizen (wich does not include a criminal of a violent crime) it is your right to carry a gun and it should not be infringed upon in any way. That's why I live in Vermont Most liberal state in the nation.
I also don't agree with some of the restrictions. I recall seeing on the news that this guy in New York applied for a pistol permit and was denied despite a clean record. The man was later mugged. He then sued the state of New York and won in the United States Supreme Court. The verdict was that the state had no right to infinge on the man's constitutional right to bare arms. Makes you think that there maybe some reforms coming in the future on how the states regulate there gun laws and permits. And of course everyone brings up Virginia Tech, Yes that was a horrible attrocity. That was a combination of mental illness and a major screw up on how the law enforcement agency in control handled the incident. It should of been a complete lock down after the first shooting and building by building and complete vehicle and grounds searches until the campus was completely cleared. Not just "OH we thought he left" What F ing moron came up with that answer. Must be related to the Idiot NY State trooper that Shot the guy in front of him in the back of the head with an assault rifle round. Just what are the qualification you must have to be one of these idiots protecting us. I sincerely think some of these guys in blue must of just signed the attendance roster for their qualification with a gun. This shit is basic knowledge, gun safety and common sense! On second thought I need to go buy a gun before they try to make it so I can't! Some one could pass a law that I couldn't have my gun anymore and sure they can have it I won't mind but they would when they try to collect it. They can have it 55 grains at a time!

Sorry to get of topic but I just couldn't resist when the subject was brought up!:fight:

Just to add one more thing I don't know if it's true or just hearsay But I heard there were like 18 student lined up on the floor at one point on their knees execution style at one point. I'd be damned if I'm the one at the end of the line that I'd just sit there and wait for this twisted fuck to shoot me:stupid: . Maybe it's just me but if you just sit there BAAAHHH! Good Sheep!:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

Take-a-knee
2007-04-30, 08:36
The VT massacre was the spawn of the liberal worldview.

1) The murderer ranted on and on about how he'd been mistreated.., me,me,me! This is the result of public school self esteem BS.

2) The murderer railed about "injustices" in America. He was merely parroting what he'd heard from one liberal professor after another.

3) School administrators created a gun free zone, so that everyone would be "safe", it worked really well, like most liberal ideas.

If chance be the father of all flesh,
Disaster is his rainbow in the sky.
And when you hear
"State of emergency"
"Sniper kills ten"
"Troops on rampage"
"Youths go looting"
"Bomb blasts school"

It is but the sound of man worshiping his maker.

Steve Turner

Bear
2007-04-30, 09:01
Well said Take-a-knee!

Iceman
2007-04-30, 10:55
I agree with Take-a-knee.

Also, pure-mahem, I agree with some of your stuff here, I am unaware of your trooper shooting incident. I will state that occasionally cops (as well as soldiers) do occasionally shoot their buddy by accident. It is going to happen. Happens to very well qualified cops, soldiers, citizens. Some times bad shit happens. Training I have had in the past was to specifically avoid popping you buddy in the back or head while performing a"raid". We trained to avoid this specific problem which occasionally occurs.