PDA

View Full Version : Cape Chignecto Nova Scotia

PKH
2003-01-17, 13:44
Cape Chignecto

This a brand new - opened in 1998 - provincial park. Typically this will be a three to four day trip along a wild and rugged coastline (Bay of Fundy) and through old growth forest. The scenery is simply fantastic. Campsites are primitive and charming. About a three hour drive from Halifax (capitol city.) Officially open from mid May to Mid November, but I've been at it in April and December.

I have never met anyone on this trail who wasn't thrilled. It is a real beauty.

Best of luck

PKH

dougmeredith
2004-04-01, 16:11
I have been there twice, and highly recommend it. I plan to go back next month. It will probably be my first try using a Hammock! Should be fun.

Doug

Streamweaver
2004-04-01, 18:08
That sounds like my kind of place!!! Do you have any pics of it online by any chance?? Id love to see those!! Streamweaver

PKH
2004-04-02, 07:36
Hi,

I don't have any on-line pictures myself, but my friend Dino Nardini runs the Explore Nova Scotia website. We've been through the park many times. Check out his gallery for excellent photos, not just of Chignecto, but the entire province. If you're into serious off trail hiking, have a boo at his Pollets Cove pictures as well.

www.explorenovascotia.com

The following is the official website for Cape Chignecto Provincial Park. Lots of good info.

www.capechignecto.net

Can't wait to get in there but right now the snow cover is just too deep.

Cheers,

PKH