PDA

View Full Version : Remember Me

Sgt.Krohn
2007-04-09, 19:18
Remember Me

http://www.roty.com/DoYouRememberMe/DoYouRememberMe.html

Take-a-knee
2007-04-09, 20:57
I'll remember them, thanks. There's nothing like "putting a face on it".

SGT Rock
2007-04-09, 22:20
God that was a good link. Really puts the face on all this.

Thank you.

Thudley
2007-04-12, 20:43
Great sentiments! Thank God that this is the mindset for most folks at home during this conflict.

Those of us who served in Vietnam remember a different homecoming. During the flight home at EOT, I was warned by a flight attendant to change into civvies because people in the terminals were cursing & spitting on returning vets. I think most of us kept a pretty low profile for some time after returning to the world.

SGT Rock
2007-04-12, 21:12
You Vietnam vets got a raw deal on that. When a Vietnam vet welcomes me back, they usually let me know about their ordeal and how good it is to see how we get treated. At that point I usually shake their hand and welcome them back - it may be late, but it is still deserved.

Thudley
2007-04-13, 11:53
You Vietnam vets got a raw deal on that. When a Vietnam vet welcomes me back, they usually let me know about their ordeal and how good it is to see how we get treated. At that point I usually shake their hand and welcome them back - it may be late, but it is still deserved.

Much appreciated, Sarge! I also give a "weclome home" to any VN vet I meet. Late is better than never.

By the way...Welcome Home to you, as well!

I found your site while doiing some research for survival vest equipment for jets. Great stuff here. You've got me hooked on trying hammock camping. Since most of my footwork involved high mountains, I never considered hammocks before.