PDA

View Full Version : Kisatachie Ranger district

wardog
2007-04-12, 23:18
planning on spending 3-4 day camping with the family, we have camped in the Kincade and Valentine lake area many time. looking to go a little more north to the Kisatchie district around the Kisathice wildeness arae and the Longleaf Byway and trial near Derry Anyone with any intel on the area, the USFS site looks like a nice area.

SGT Rock
2007-04-12, 23:20
I haven't been there is years. What I do remember is watch out for four wheelers and poachers.

Bear
2007-04-13, 02:35
My son goes there on day hikes. Not exactly sure were the tail is or what it is called. I know it is between Natchitoches and Alexandria. I work shift work and am at work right now as you will see when I post this it is 12:30 AM. I will try to remember to give him a call when I get up tomorrow and get more details. He has told me about it and said it is a nice hike and he has never had any trouble. He goes to school at NSU so it is a close place for him to hike. We were supposed to be on the trail this weekend in Arkansas but that trip got cancelled.

Bear
2007-04-13, 03:09
Wardog, I found the area you are talking about and this is the area that my son hikes but he does not camp there. He strickly goes there on day hikes. It sounds like you are looking for some type of camp ground to bring the family so I am sorry I can't help you there. When I go camping with the family we are heading out of state. My wife has been hiking in the Red Dirt area as she grew up in Pineville but it has been a while since she has been there. She has said it was a nice area.

wardog
2007-04-13, 03:20
thanks for the intel Bear, I think we will just load up the camping gear and explore , make an adventure out of it.
ps. i work nights also , facility secuity operator

Bear
2007-04-15, 09:26
Let me know how it goes this weekend. My wife and I are always looking for nice places to camp close to home for weekend outings. Places that have a lake are extra nice so we can take the boat. She LOVES to fish. I was going to take her today but so far this morning it looks too windy. Been on the water before when it was too windy, don't want to do that again. Waves beat me all to hell!

I work both days and nights. Supposed to be rotating shift two weekends on two off but so far this year it has been very little time off. 12 hour shifts, days then off then nights then off. This was the first full weekend off since January. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!