PDA

View Full Version : Dobson Trail

Gun Plumber
2007-05-07, 22:37
How about adding the Dobson Trail. Starts South from Moncton New Brunswick and ends up in Fundy National Park at the Bay of Fundy. Only 60 KM long but more up hills than down. And it crosses an MSR ( Turtle Creek Road) at enough points that you can get resupplied if needed. Managed by the Fundy Hiking Trail Association http://www.canadatrails.ca/hiking/nb/dobson.html//
Mines and Resources (MCE ) maps 21-I/2, Alma N.B. , 21-I/7 Moncton, and 21-H/15 at 1:50 000 scale Cover the rrail end to end.

Iceman
2007-05-08, 00:06
Welcome Gun Plumber, and have you hiked this trail much?

Gun Plumber
2007-05-08, 00:23
Just some of the parts as a Recce for a winter Ex (pulling tobbagans, snowshoes ect). I was greatly impressed With some of the Hills. If you look on the maps you will notice that in some places they are a brown blur. Also watch out for that unique New Brunswick of swamp at the top of hills, and the most changeable weather there is. Hope to go back some day. But where I live in Kingston Ontario, there is The Rideau Trail that Starts here and goes to Ottawa and they just opened the Cataraqui Trail... But if you are going down east, the Dobson is worth the look

dixicritter
2007-05-08, 20:33
SGT Rock is currently busy with Army training, but I'm sure he'll answer as soon as he sees this. I don't mess with the adding of forums and such as that... don't wanna be the cause of crashing his site...LOL.

Frolicking Dino
2007-05-08, 21:45
::: dino nods approvingly at Dixie while muttering something about men and their toys :::

dougmeredith
2007-05-09, 14:27
Just some of the parts as a Recce for a winter Ex (pulling tobbagans, snowshoes ect). I was greatly impressed With some of the Hills. If you look on the maps you will notice that in some places they are a brown blur.

I think maybe the hills just seem bigger to you when it is slippery out. :) The Dobson Trail is really quite flat. If I ever manage to get into shape again, I plan to day-hike it.

Doug