PDA

View Full Version : First message - new boy form Australia

Kiwi Dad
2007-05-11, 06:24
Well hello. I've been watching this site for 2 years now and during this time I've converted to hammock camping. I've seen other sites but I just keep coming back to this one. Guess I like the people. Also there are some radical thinking in this forum which has got me looking at other stuff from a different angle. By the way, I'm not Australian - I'm a New Zealander. Been living in Australia for 16 years now.

Frolicking Dino
2007-05-11, 09:54
Welcome. Glad you joined us.

dixicritter
2007-05-11, 14:51
Nice to meet you Kiwi Dad. Welcome to the HQ.

sailingsoul
2007-05-12, 02:34
Keep your a$$ down, your eyes open and your mouth shut ! That way you might have half a chance around here. Welcome aboard :hello: , Good luck SS:captain:

Kiwi Dad
2007-05-12, 04:39
Thanks for the heelo's. You'll probably find my post a bit out of kilter due to my being down under time zone wise. I use a Ray Jardine backpack (home made), the Sgt's Ion stove and a Speer hammock (home made). Hammock's are definitely the way to avoid leeches.

blackdog
2007-05-13, 17:37
I use a Ray Jardine backpack (home made)...

Kiwi, you really should consider brewing your own gearskin (http://hikinghq.net/gear/moonbow_gearskin.html) just to compare it to the RJ pack.

Kiwi Dad
2007-05-13, 18:42
Blackdog - I'm toying with making something similar to a gearskin for my youngest son as a try out, which is nearly finished. If it works then I'll look at making one for myself. I do like having a mesh pocket on the outside to keep my tarp in though.