PDA

View Full Version : Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles

dropkick
2007-05-12, 01:56
Bought a box of Hamburger Helper Stroganoff Singles about a month ago and finally got around to trying it out.

4 single servings suggested retail $3.20 (I think I paid about $3.75).
Just add water and microwave.

The packages looked a little small to me so I used 2 packages. I put them in my cozy and added 1 1/2 cups of boiling water (3/4 C per package), stirred, let it sit for about 5 minutes and then ate it with 4 saltines.

It could have used more beef, and I like my homemade cozy meals better, but overall it filled the void and satisfied me.
It was easy to use and the cost wasn't high so I'm sure I'll do it again.
I am going to try the other flavors.

The other flavors are Cheeseburger Macaroni, Cheesy Beef Taco, and Cheesy Lasagna.

-In my opinion if you added some more dried burger, or jerky, and possibly some dried green peppers, mushrooms, and onions it would pep it up and make it much more satisfying of a meal.

jimtanker
2007-05-12, 05:29
The cheezy beef taco one is great. I had the wife send some of my fav FBC food over here and I have my trusty ION stove. On the weekends I go for an 8 miler and cook myself lunch FBC style. Also try out my latest attempt to make a simple pop can stove using only my leatherman.

Try Easymac yet?

deadeye
2007-05-12, 09:21
If the cheesy taco one is good, how about adding some taco bits from Harmony House

http://www.harmonyhousefoods.com

they have all sorts of dried veggies and soy protein nuggets. I bought one of their big assortment boxes - great investment for good stuff I can add to my regular meals.

dropkick
2007-05-15, 02:06
I just felt like bumping this as it got hidden by the spam (Quizno's) very soon after posting. bump

oops56
2007-05-15, 03:08
Yep the web site just what i was looking for i got a dehydrator but hell this lot easer :ahhhhh: :angel:

AliBubba
2007-06-06, 16:19
Has anyone tried Pack Lite Food? What say you?
http://www.packlitefoods.com/

Iceman
2007-11-10, 10:21
Thanks to all for the tips on the easy mac and the hamburger helper singles, just tried both out, both easy, light and good.

I also splurged and brought along a couple of Zattarans precooked singles. Very easy and tasty. I will definietly bring any of these all again.

pure_mahem
2007-11-10, 19:39
You guys need to use coupons! I bought 3 of those boxes of micro hamburger helper 2 weeks ago and only paid 50 cents a piece for them. they were on sale 2 for 5 and I had a dollar coupon that they doubled for each box. I love coupon shopping. LOL!

Rosaleen
2007-12-09, 10:28
My take on the HH singles is that they are convenient, but too little food, especially meat, for the price. My first choice is to make my own food and dehydrate it. Second choice might be to grab some ramen or even (ramen) noodle cups and add home dehydrated meat and veggies. For a quick resupply along the trail, look for dried parsley (spice aisle) and sun-dried tomatoes (produce) for "colorful veggies," imitation bacon bits (usually spice aisle), and instant potatoes, rice, soup cups, ramen, couscous, or bulgur. If you go with soup cups, you may not need any other flavoring or salt. Try some at home first, to see if you like them. To flavor plain base starches, look for sauce mixes, cheese, and soup mixes. Also, pepperoni, dried chipped beef. sausages, etc., can provide calories (especially fat), some protein, salt, and flavoring. Don't forget nuts and dried fruits.

Can you tell I am not too impressed with the HH mini pouches?

Rosaleen

Iceman
2007-12-09, 18:04
Can you tell I am not too impressed with the HH mini pouches?
Rosaleen

Rosaleen... Rosaleen... Rosaleen... you have to remember who you are dealing with here though....men are basically large boys. Large boys like to eat most anything that is quick. Hotpockets, bagel dogs, and pizza rolls were all developed with boys in mind, big or small. I personally have never seen a female eat a chilli cheese dog from the local am/pm minimarket/gas station... Women like things like yogurt. Men do not eat yogurt, or vegetables...or that other stuff you were talking about....

Instant macaroni with chipped meat fragments is OK with me.... :biggrin: :eating: :biggrin:

GGS
2007-12-10, 02:28
Rosaleen... Rosaleen... Rosaleen... you have to remember who you are dealing with here though....men are basically large boys. Large boys like to eat most anything that is quick. Hotpockets, bagel dogs, and pizza rolls were all developed with boys in mind, big or small. I personally have never seen a female eat a chilli cheese dog from the local am/pm minimarket/gas station... Women like things like yogurt. Men do not eat yogurt, or vegetables...or that other stuff you were talking about....

Instant macaroni with chipped meat fragments is OK with me.... :biggrin: :eating: :biggrin:

You mean they're THAT easy to use? Hell, I thought I'd have to brown ground beef or some other insurmountable task. Now I'll have to try some...

pure_mahem
2007-12-10, 08:10
Basic man meal involves 1 of 5 things, Meat on stick over flame or raw, Just add water hot or cold, open can heat optional, heat frozen object in micronuker, or give money to person who wil give premaid food to you. This would be a case of just add water and micronuke , lol!

sailingsoul
2007-12-10, 09:05
I don't mind eating "woman food" just need to triple size it to feel full. When I'm hungry I could eat wood! SS:captain:

pure_mahem
2007-12-11, 00:41
Sawdust with a little ketchup! not bad, lots of fiber!

dixicritter
2007-12-11, 09:40

Heeyyy.... I like chilli cheese dogs! :aetsch:

sailingsoul
2007-12-11, 22:21
Finally spotted, Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles. In the store where I'm at for, 4 pack box, $5.29. Probably the only store on this island that carries it. Out of 4 stores total. Don't freak. Temperature today low 75*f high 85*f. Evens out, I guess. SS :captain:

P.S Regular gas $3.90 us.

Iceman
2007-12-12, 00:49
Heeyyy.... I like chilli cheese dogs! :aetsch:

Dixicritter, you are not normal, you are a superwoman! (Besides..., from the am/pm?)

dropkick
2007-12-12, 08:11
Hotdogs...
Due to my schooling as a cook I know that they are kept in the stores at an almost perfect temperature for bacteria growth for hours at a time. Also there was my trip through a meat packing plant where I watched them grind up whole pig fetuses for hotdog production.Then there was the 2 times I had to pull over to the side of the road and heave up my just eaten meal of convenience store hotdogs.

If I wasn't a man these things might have put me off convenience store hotdogs........ actually I'm getting hungry right now thinking about them.

rubble_double
2007-12-31, 02:51
Isn't it amazing how human find means and ways to make life more easier and faster?? haha :biggrin: I really have to try those hamburgers. hihi

JAK
2007-12-31, 05:23
Do you folks still have those whitecastles?
We went to one in the bahamas on our honeymoon.

Now I know they aren't actual food, but why do I still want three more all these years later?

Iceman
2007-12-31, 11:08
Hey Rubble Double, you aren't a spammer are you, sort of incognito? Cause that is what it looks like to me....

pure_mahem
2007-12-31, 11:24
My vote is he's a spammer! Dude you totally blew it when you said hamburgers man we are talking about hamburger helper here, at least do your homework, SPAMMER!