PDA

View Full Version : Brunton led lanterns

john pickett
2007-05-12, 20:16
I was looking at two led lanterns by Brunton, the LED Glorb and Lamplight, and wondered if anyone here has used one. No mention on backpackgeartest and a google search only listed dealers willing to take my money.:argh:
John Pickett

Jonas4321
2007-05-17, 10:31
I was looking at two led lanterns by Brunton, the LED Glorb and Lamplight, and wondered if anyone here has used one. No mention on backpackgeartest and a google search only listed dealers willing to take my money.:argh:
John Pickett

I asked for the Glorb LED lantern for Christmas last year and ended up returning it (to the online retailer, not to my wife!). It is a cool idea that is poorly executed, perhaps necessarily so. What would seem logically simple (an inverted conical reflector to bathe the vicinity in light from the LEDs beneath it) is actually hard to do properly. You end up with a streaky, weak illumination that winds up pretty much everywhere but where you wanted it.

I have not found an alternative, I just am doing without (using my Princeton headlamp and clip-on single LED hat light).

Hope this helps. Other reviews I saw after I returned mine were not good either (oh, wait- one of them was mine!).

Jonas