PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Netting Repair

KeyMeKoe
2007-05-28, 20:13
Any suggestions for repairing a hole in the mosquito netting on an HH? The hole is still small. Thank you.

Just Jeff
2007-05-28, 21:54
Duct tape, or put in a few hand-stitches with needle and thread, or dab some silicone seam-sealer on it (never tried this one, but I heard it works). Or ignore it if it's small enough...sometimes netting like that just gets pricked on something and makes a small hole, but it won't grow just from normal use.

dropkick
2007-05-29, 01:40
Nail polish? Heard it works for stopping runs in nylons.

Take-a-knee
2007-05-29, 09:47
I think I've seen an iron-on patch for netting.

oops56
2007-05-29, 10:37
I am not sure at one time you could get a glue it was jiffy sew to patch clothes.

Jonas4321
2007-05-29, 12:18
I suggest taking a scrap piece of noseeum that is a little larger than the damaged area and use a needle and thread to sew it on like a patch. If you can do it with a sewing machine, you can use a wide stitch and get a nice flat patch. My hand sewing skills leave a little to be desired.

On other camping equipment like tents, I have tried duct tape (it came unstuck around the edges after a bit and left a messy sticky residue which picked up unwanted items like dirt and junk), silicone sealer (it remained tacky and also picked up dirt and junk), and a patch of a small piece of ripstop (worked as well as noseeum, but didn't look as nice).

I have not tried nail polish, but to stop a rip from traveling further, that would probably work and would not remain tacky.

Iceman
2007-05-29, 23:44
I agree with Jonas4321, good plan. I have made the same repair on a tent, extra piece over the hole, sewn down on edges.