PDA

View Full Version : the V8 stove?

1215mch
2007-07-25, 23:45
I had already made the soda can stove and it worked pretty good. I had recently made the V8 stove with the 1" hole in the middle and the little 12 arount that, but i didn't put the insulation in and it seems to be working fine. Why do you put the insulation in the stove? All the holes are in the middle of the ION stove and the insulation is on the outside of the holes. Should I put the insulation in mine? Hopefully someone can answer these questions. THANKS.

Skidsteer
2007-07-26, 09:26
I had already made the soda can stove and it worked pretty good. I had recently made the V8 stove with the 1" hole in the middle and the little 12 arount that, but i didn't put the insulation in and it seems to be working fine. Why do you put the insulation in the stove? All the holes are in the middle of the ION stove and the insulation is on the outside of the holes. Should I put the insulation in mine? Hopefully someone can answer these questions. THANKS.

The fiberglass serves as a wick to speed up the 'bloom'. It can be helpful especially during cold weather hiking.

If you are happy with the stove's performance as is, there's no reason you have to add it.

Iceman
2007-07-26, 09:56
I also found once, that the inslulation keeps the fuel in, in the case of tipping the stove.