PDA

View Full Version : explorer delux or expedition?

jay590
2007-08-13, 02:30
hey i'm jay and im new to this website. i'm not very tall yet but my parents are certain i'll be over 6' and am only light at 59kg(don't know how many pounds) i want to get a hammock and have been looking at the for a while now. i really want a hennessy hammock but dont know what size to get. i either want the explorer deluxe with hex fly or expedition with hex fly. what do u reccomend?

Jay

SGT Rock
2007-08-13, 07:18
130 pounds give opr take a pound.

As for the hammock - well, that would be a big hammock for a guy your size. You would have a lot of room which can be important if you don't like small spaces (my wife is only 160 cm tall but uses an explorer because of this) but it is a little havier to carry and will take up some more space in your pack. The Hex tarp as I recall is HUGE so you will need to have a larger place to set it up than a normal tarp.

jay590
2007-08-13, 20:56
i don't mind the extra weight because i camp from a canoe.

Jay

SGT Rock
2007-08-13, 21:42
Well then I would go large and enjoy the extra space. Do you get a lot of rain where you normally go canoing?

jay590
2007-08-14, 00:00
no not really as were in drought but while i was away up north of australia there was a heep of rain. u might have heard how a ship got washed up onto a beach in nsw(or maybe u didnt) well anyway thats when we had heaps of rain.

Jay